Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Do you wish the Bow Season in Indiana would start in September?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Do you wish the Bow Season in Indiana would start in September?

Do you wish the Bow Season in Indiana would start in September?

Perhaps around September 15th Statewide.

Many states open Bow season in September, KY opens September 3rd every season.

Post Thanks / Like

I really do not care but if some want it that would be fine with me. I still would not start hunting until I could walk to my stand and not be soaked from sweating. I believe in giving any opertunity as long as we have a stable or growing herd.
    Now if you really want to start something just mention.......CROSS BOWS. Again, I don't use them but see no reason to not legalize them for everyone who wants to use them.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I feel that if there was a September Season in Indiana, then people that want to hunt then could.

The people that wanted to hunt later could simply wait.

Right now, it's going to be very cool in Indiana, this seems to happen every September, it seems a big cold front comes through and makes the Temps cool.

Check out these cool temps for Indiana.

10 Day Weather Forecast for Indianapolis - weather.com

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, raporter. It's awfully hard to sit still while you're swattin skeeters. I still like to sit at LEAST a half hour before I even climb down from my stand to check out the arrow. It's usually at least one hour before I can dress and start to transport. I just don't like to worry about my meat.

I will say that this is, by far, the easiest time to pattern a specific deer. At least in the southern part of the state, the big boys may still be in a routine the first week of Oct, but soon after that they disappear for a couple weeks. Makes for a great time to catch a few more fall slabs!

Post Thanks / Like