Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Back to Normandy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to Normandy

Last week I reported about going to Tims Ford lake here in Tennessee. Didnt do to well there so went back to Normandy Lake where I have been doing pretty good. Went sunday morning 9-11. Well it was a pretty nice morning. A few clouds but the sun came out. I knew rain was coming as I had checked the radar before I left but figured I had 5-6 hours before it got there. Decided to through some plugs for bass. Had a few hits but no hookups. About 10:00 I seen the rain clouds moving in so I went to one of my best crappie holes. Set out one slip float rig with minnow and got the other ready to cast when the first went down. Casted out the second and reeled in the first. An 11 inch crappie. Put on another minow and the second one went down. Casted out the first one again and reeled in another 11 inch crappie. I was by myself this morning, usually Lynn goes with but stayed home this time, and said to myself Lynn is gonna miss it. Before I could get the second crappie off the hook a cool wind blew up and the clouds came in. Guess what. No more bites the rest of the time. Rain started and I was having trouble with my power trim, it wouldnt come up so I called it a morning. Little disappointed but had a nice morning by myself anyway. Now have the boat in the shop getting trim unit fixed. I think it just has a bad seal as it leaked the fluid out. I hope thats all it is. Anyway will be down from fishing for awhile until that gets fixed. So good luck to everyone else and will be looking for reports here

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing how fast a change in the weather or cloud cover will effect them.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team