Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Snap-a-prolling

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Snap-a-prolling

Last Sunday I woke-up earlier than I wanted too. Turned on the weather chanel to see a PERFECT forcast. Still a buzzinHands Clapping from the KU football game, I put the 2 together,,,,,yep!!!! footballsThumbs Up Unplugged the boat & headed north. By the time I reached Holton, I was in a trance & kept it heading north. Beautifull morning with fog in the valleys. Finally a lake showed up on the right. Mirror surface with a small craft headed away from the dock. As I am getting ready to launch, lots of wildlife noises in the still air. It's not a trolling motor lake but after I got off the trailer I shut the motor off and trolled across to some trees enjoying the solitude. Looking at the Lowrance SS-1, fish were suspended above 12ft. Yep!!!!Hands Clapping 1st dip, a small 8incher. Then another, another,,, nothing big hitting on several trees. Being a small lake I just knew I could figure out where the 'footballs' were hiding. As I was slow trolling, I got hung-up & quickly reversed. WHAM!!!! 1 football hit. Got loose & worked the area without another hitDoh. Fustrated, I looked for piles & again caught plenty of small fish. Worked the weed line & caught a 3.5lb green perch. Went back to the area where 'big-boy' was caught. Then I sawHands Clapping them. Just above what looked like a thermocline. Dropping everthing down,,,,nutin. I meen everything!!! Had minners, jigs, nibbs, washoppas(both sizes) nutin working. Then I remembered I was swinging backwards when I caught it. With 3 poles down with something different on each, I zig-zag thru them. Nothing again. Now I have 2, 1/4 oz jigs, K-rig, & trolling rig out. On the black jigs, I have small chart/orange wasshoppa, silver nibb, & a minner. Got all set & hit the trollong moter in reverse. WHAM!!!! Jigs hit. Forward thru them,,, nothing Doh Back nothing. Stopped & hit it again,,,,Wham!!!! Only in reverse??? Well giving this some considerable thot,,, they were hitting bait coming out of the thermocline at a angle. By stopping & hitting the power it was letting the jigs settle then, came up as I hit it. Don't ask me why they only hit the jigs. These fish were over 14inches with 1 topping 15. No pictures as I released them all. What a fish story!!!RoflHands ClappingRofl <*)}}}><
    Last edited by Crappie Chatt; 09-14-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is fishing at its finest. Putting that together can be more rewarding then a limit sometimes.
    LIFE’S TOO SHORT TO FISH WITHOUT BEER

Post Thanks / Like

WTG---U DA MAN

Not many could put that pattern together Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

It’s fun figuring out fish.. Way to go…

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like some good fishes figured out wtg

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job Chatt!Way to figure them out.

Post Thanks / Like

any chance somebody on here could loan me some taller boots?

Post Thanks / Like

Up here for work today so I had to come over and take a look...my first time to see this lake...she's a beauty, but man it's a long ways up here!

Post Thanks / Like

nice job Chattster...is that the same place some local gave you all the grief last year?
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job chatt, last fall was great over there with some dandy's thrown in until it iced up and then I could not find a good concentration of fish thru the ice to have much success. Went from limiting out every time in the boat to struggling to catch many at all thru the ice and the ones I did catch were small, oh well at least the catfish were biting thru the ice to make up for it. Very strange though and I don't know how those crappies eluded me last winter in such a small lake, guess I need more practice this winterDoh.