Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello to everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello to everyone!

Hello there everyone.

We just moved to Kansas City Mo three weeks ago and the moving company just delivered the boat yesterday . I am really excited to get out fishing this weekend.

I already posted in the Missouri Newbie section, so I won't bore you with details.

Anyway looking forward to new friends, new fishing challenges, and living a slower pace of life Thumbs Up.

I already looked at Burtons website for some GPS coord's for the brushpiles, and all the stump covered coves look amazing on google earth. One question I do have: Is there anywhere out there to find a depth chart of the lake? I have seen people on plane in the middle of the stumps ( obviously a channel of sort), but I can't stand being on a body of water without a depth chart.

Does Lake Hotspots produce a Smithville map??

thanks in advance for any help and I can try to help anyone with any mechanical question on outboards, motorcycles, auto, home repair, firearms, reloading, bow setup...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeap I saw your other post. Welcome! There are others on here that fish Smithville as well. I am sure they will be along shortly to give you some advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to MO. Where are you from? I don't know about a map of Smithville but there are lots of guys on here who fish it. Truman Lake is one of ther best crappie fisheries in the midwest and isn't too far for some great fishing. There are maps available for Truman. The North section has the best fishing IMHO.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the area.

Don't trust the water depth to aid you in navigating the trees, you need the channels. Even then you still need to watch out for floaters and trees that have relocated into the channel.

Happy fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome and enjoy your stay. Very helpful folks on here with tons of great info.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the board, a lot of great folks on here, Im sure you will get a lot of help with smithville.
    Just call me......"Killswitch"....Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Welcome to MO. Where are you from? I don't know about a map of Smithville but there are lots of guys on here who fish it. Truman Lake is one of ther best crappie fisheries in the midwest and isn't too far for some great fishing. There are maps available for Truman. The North section has the best fishing IMHO.
    Thanks. I am originally from NW Ohio ( Maumee). Spent 34 years there. Last 3 in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

We can't wait to try out all the camping/fishing/hunting opportunities that are here. Illinois was so oppressive. Firearms laws ridiculous. We will def check out Truman.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the site. enjoy the site it is top notch.... as are the people

Post Thanks / Like

I know you just got here and all but look up the LOZ (Lake of the Ozarks) crappie camp coming up on the 30th of Sept. Would be a good chance to meet some folks and do some fishing, if you have the time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast