Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Define Small Watercraft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Define Small Watercraft

Do you mean watercraft intended to be human powered? I'm building a 14 foot skiff, but powered by a 3.6 hp outboard and a 36lb thrust trolling motor. Is that a small watercraft? There are canoes and kayaks much longer than that.

Post Thanks / Like

The jest of this thread was for human powered craft, but some people are putting trolling motors on canoes, kayaks and other small boats and posting here. I enjoy talking crappie fishing with anyone no matter what type of boat they have. I personally fish from a Hobbie Outback kayak but I still own a motor boat. I haven't been out in it in a year and have been out in the kayak at least 100 times in the last year. So that being said we welcome all that are considerate and enjoy sharing their experiences crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

When I hear the term Small Watercraft what comes to mind is any one man flotation device. i.e. float tube, pontoon boat, canoe or kayak. I really like my one man Creek Company pontoon boat. That being said, I tip the scales in the upper 200's and I find my 12' jon boat is a safe and stable platform for me. So I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I can take a decent sized fish box, lunch, tackle and extra rods, anchors and oars and still feel safe.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    But don't forget the Roadrunners