Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: place to stay, Dale Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Default place to stay, Dale Hollow

Want to take the wife and kids and go fish some place new for a couple days.
    Appreciate recommendations for some decent places to stay near the lake and near water I can fish with Ky license

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

The state park lodge is the closest. There is a bed and breakfast near the State park entrance. I would search the net because there should be alot of rentals in the area. It's a good piece back to Burkesville.
    We usually take the camper once a year.

chucky is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul,

How have you all been? You and your boy been burning them up?

We fished a tourney back in March at Dale and we stayed at Wolf river resort and marina. They have cabins and motel room. Since it was for one night we went with
    the motel room. Two doubles, bath, cable tv and pretty clean. Not sure the prices on the cabins but the motels where around 50-60 bucks if remember right. You can check them
    out and call. The lake is right in front of you. With a good arm you can throw a baseball in to the lake from the front door. You can use your ky lic on that part of the lake down the mouth
    of the main lake so there is plenty of water to fish. Ramp fee i think was 5 bucks. Here is their site. Wolf River Resort & Marina | Dale Hollow Lake Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Chucky,

Thanks for the info.
    No, we haven't burned them up, only been one time since we went with you. I am starting back now, went to Nolin Sunday but only had 4 keepers, they were good fish though, 11 to 13 inches.
    I will likely go there this fall more than Green, kinda what we talked about learning the lake. If you want to go cast some jigs let me know.
    You still hitting them every weekend?
    Take care and good fishing to ya!!

Post Thanks / Like

I 2nd wolf river we have stayed there in the past and was ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colayn View Post
    Hi Chucky,

Thanks for the info.
    No, we haven't burned them up, only been one time since we went with you. I am starting back now, went to Nolin Sunday but only had 4 keepers, they were good fish though, 11 to 13 inches.
    I will likely go there this fall more than Green, kinda what we talked about learning the lake. If you want to go cast some jigs let me know.
    You still hitting them every weekend?
    Take care and good fishing to ya!!

Between work, doctors and my honey due list i have not been in three weeks. But now i am done with it all till early Nov. Gotta have the old galbladder removed. I will be out this Fri, Sat and Sun. Going to split it up between hunting and fishing. Just don't know what days to do which yet. I will be at a Tourney 9/24 at Taylorsville and then Green 10/8. After that i will be at Ky lake Oct 10-15 but after that we will go casting some jigs. When were you all heading to Dale? Let me know how you all do. Going to try and get back down there in late Nov or early Dec. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

chucky,

Sorry to hear about the galbladder. Hopefully they get you taken care of.
    Looks now like we are going to Ky lake instead of Dale. Were you fishing when you go down?
    We are thinking about staying at the Ken Oak . Any suggestions appreciated. Places to stay and when the fishing may improve.
    See ya,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by colayn View Post
    chucky,

Sorry to hear about the galbladder. Hopefully they get you taken care of.
    Looks now like we are going to Ky lake instead of Dale. Were you fishing when you go down?
    We are thinking about staying at the Ken Oak . Any suggestions appreciated. Places to stay and when the fishing may improve.
    See ya,
    Paul,

They will fix me up but they are going to have to wait till Nov to do it. I will be fishing at Ky the week of the 10-15 in Oct. Getting ready for the Cabelas Classic. About the fishing, right now i
    could not tell you anything. I have not fished there for 11/2 - 2 years. In 2008 and 2009 we went every weekend from March to June then from mid Nov to the end of Oct both years. The spots
    that i know may be good or not now. Thats why i will be there that whole week checking them or finding new areas. I would sugguest asking the Ky lake legends. Wishers, Mrdux, BBD and the gang. Right
    now they would be able to help you out more than i could. I have always liked staying in Aurora. It seems to be the middle point. You can fish Big Bear, Johnathon, Ledbetter and blood. There are good places thru there to eat, gas and bait. I like Ken Oak. We have stayed there the most. Also like Early America ( owned by the same people) across the street and just down the street is Fin and feathers which was good. These places are not fancy. Just good clean cabins. You can check this site out and there is a lot of other places as well. www.explorekentuckylake.com . When are you all heading down? If you go before me, leave me some fish to catch . Good luck