Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Stalking Sloooow at Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Night Stalking Sloooow at Truman

Fished Saturday night out of Fairfield Landing, set up on point next to river channel in
    35 feet of water, bite was slow, ended up with 11 keepers but not much else. Talked
    with 4 other boats, they were awful slow to. Excuses I have, it was a full moon,
    beautiful night, I usually don't do well nightstalking under a full moon, I was in
    35 feet of water on a summer pattern, water was 80 degrees and according to others
    posts who did catch fish, the fish are shallow, I was fishing in the wrong place.
    Gonna give it a try again this Saturday night, shallow water, cedar trees, hopefully
    no full moon. Good news, no bugs.

Be Safe
    John B.

Post Thanks / Like

Night fished Stockton a bunch in the 90s and until 2002. Always found it to slow down in late August and into the fall and yep same experience with the full moon. Fun reading about your night exploits, thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

11 keepers aint such a bad night John,aint it funny how many reasons we can find when the fish aint bitin???my best to date has been 16 when i had a bad dayDohRofl
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

I have went fishing many times over my life and get skunked, either I couldnt figure out the patern or just didnt have luck pulling them in when they bit. But those that you caught would make for a fine meal, not to bad buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

well John at least your were out enjoying your self and giving the fish a chance. sounds like a great time seen the times 11 would have made my day. congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys

john b.