Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: KY Lake Fishing Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default KY Lake Fishing Report

Hello Folks,

I'm headed down to KY Lake to crappie fish next week ( 4/10-4/15) I was going to start in blood river. Does anyone have the latest fishing report for that area? I’m new to crappie fishing. I have only been once or twice before.

Any help would be great !!!

Thanks

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Check the Kentucy DNR Web site and look for the blood river crappie migration study. They did that study on Blood River two or three years ago. You might find some useful information by reading the study report.

Quote Originally Posted by edwalden444
    Hello Folks,

I'm headed down to KY Lake to crappie fish next week ( 4/10-4/15) I was going to start in blood river. Does anyone have the latest fishing report for that area? I’m new to crappie fishing. I have only been once or twice before.

Thanks

Ed
    Regards,

Moose1am

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey EW ...

Quote Originally Posted by edwalden444
    Hello Folks,

Thanks

Ed
    Read thru this report : http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/navigat...7&NavPath=C101

2003 was the year of the Blood River report ... Sledd Creek was used in 2004.
    You should be able to get a sense of where the Crappie should be, if you compare the time and temps and water levels and weather patterns for Blood River (2003 report) and the current conditions. The one thing that jumps out, at me, on the Blood River report ... is that the back 1/3 of Blood River seems to be the most concentrated area of fish (for that time period). Compare the map, in the report, to your map ... for locations of spawning areas & staging areas. Start shallow, and if no results, move out to the closest deeper water to those spawning spots. Also, take note of where there are any conglomeration of boats ... check where/what they're fishing over, and find similar structure/bottom contours and try there. ......... luck2ya ..... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to a buddy of mine yesterday and he's the Ky. Lake Crappie Guru, fishes Blood river a lot. He told me that the fish in Blood River are about a week away from bedding. He's usually right in the ball park. Try www.kentuckylake.com for more info.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff