Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tims Ford fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tims Ford fishing

Well my son in law and I went to Tims Ford on Satuday the 3rd of September. Was pretty hot. About 99 degerees. We went to try for Striper. First time to try it. Didnt even get a bite. There was a lot of boat traffic as it was Labor day weekend. Pretty rough out there. So we went to a quiet cove and started to fish for crappie. Depth finder was lit up with fish but didnt get a bite once again. Have had my toubles at Tims the last couple of times going there. Cant seem to locate biting crappie. We are by no means tournament fishermen just like to slip rig fish. Nice and easy for an old man like me. We use ultra light gear and my son in law did catch a 5 pound catfish. He thought he had a whale as he is use to his big old pole. Guess I will be heading to Normandy this weekend so I can catch some. At least I know where to fish there. Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-10-2011 at 01:01 AM.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a tough day fishing. Maybe this weekend will yeild alot less boat traffic now that Labor Day has passed and we get our lakes back to fish in. Hope you find 'em biting tomorrow.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

If you know where Winchester Springs is at, close to the back end there are some stumps where we use to catch some crappie on jigs. You might do well on slip rigs there. Also around the loop where the brush is plated we use to catch some there as well

Post Thanks / Like

Will have to try there. We were in the back end of lost creek. First time in that area. Have fished Tims about 6 times all year and only really caught fish over easter weekend. Went crappie fishing then and caught smallmouth instead. I'll take it. But havent done much good since. Have always caught crappie at Normandy and some pretty good ones to. Just not large quantites. I will try the springs area next time. Havent been there either as I normaly stay in Huricane creek. I know it better then the rest of the lake.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten my nose bloody on Tim's several times, those fish can be tough. All I can tell you is to try everything and carry a good pair of binoculars so you can see what the other guy is doing. lol I usually throw smaller stuff just to find fish and then target them accordingly.
    Welcome from Manchester.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught huge crappie at Normandy like you said. Matter of fact most all fish I have caught there have been keepers. However I have not fished it a great deal, only a few trips for about 2 years. I never caught high numbers like you said, but I did have a few days where I would have 20 to 30 and all the fish were huge. If I had fished it more and learned it more I probably could have done even better. Normandy and Tims both have slab crappie, and Woods has lots of crappie just not as big as the other two.