Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wateree Temp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wateree Temp

Anyone know what the water temp is at Wateree?

Post Thanks / Like

Ole Scout; I was there saturday, and the water temp was 69* in beaver creek and cournol creek, and molly creek. The bait fish was thick in beaver, but only got 2 fish out of there, before moving on across the lake. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks creekcomber. This week's tempratures should take it down some. From your report I'm guessing the upper end was probably 66 to 67. Gonna give it a try Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Ole scout; Let me know if ya have any luck up there. I'm planning a 3day weekend up there next week to try and find some brush piles and drown a few minnows. I will camp at the state park and focus on (Dutchman's creek, Taylor's, Singletons, and Wateree Creek) and if I have no luck on brush, I'll just troll around in the creeks and try to intise them into hitting something...I just hope the rain don't muddy up the water and pray there's no wind behind this front coming in next week. But, hey that a chance ya take in the fall, the weather can bite ya..Good luck to ya and let me know how ya do...

Post Thanks / Like

Im hoping to get to come to wateree some next week for a crappie trolling/striper trip. I dont know yet what days im gonna be there but if you guys see me, give me a holler. ill post later what days im gonna be there. Im in a green sea ark with RANGO on the side. pull up and well chat some... Ill probably be in the colonel creek area as ive got a friend thats got a place there and i might use it as a base. have you guys seen any bird activity yet?
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

old scout and creek comber, you guys ever get to fish wylie any?

Post Thanks / Like

rango, I went down to colonel creek to check it out while I was down the other week and the birds were down there but not flying at the time. Saw a lot of surface shad in shallow protected areas and marked a lot of fish. Wind had gotten up and didn't stay too long. Have never fished Wylie cause of the boat traffic on weekends, but plan to fish it some this winter. Long drive to wateree is tough on me in my older years not to mention the cost of gas. I need to get down in Feburary and March and do some nightstalking with you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

old scout, where you live at? if you up my way and wanna share well hook up and go down. theres some fantastic crappie trolling in and around colonels creek. glad to hear the birds is in there. makes me feel good about heading that way. if you wanna get hooked on nightstalking, climb aboard the beast in feb, march or april. youll be hooked on it for life . pete and tool, whos like my nephews usually round out the crew so im sure youll enjoy their company. when i get them two in the boat at the same time, king crappo and his legions take a severe licking..

Post Thanks / Like

rango, I'm from conover, up close to lake hickory. Now that 485 is open its and hour and forty-five minute drive to wateree creek. I usually put in there or the state park.
    very seldom fish below singletons creek.

Post Thanks / Like

if you wanna ever hook up we can meet at my daughters house, as she only lives a couple minutes from the allision creek landing on wylie. you can leave your vehicle there and ride with me down. from there i hit 161 to 901 to I77 and it dont take long to get there. My problem is im over on the western side of york county and gettin to 77 is about a 45 minute drive. once i get on 77 it dont take long to get to wateree. I have acess to a cabin on colonels creek. if you wanna go, we can go down the night before, get a good nights sleep and spend the day fishing instead of driving and come home that night. being there at daylight refreshed and ready to go makes a huge difference. a shower, crapper, bed, fridge the whole nine yards is available. dont be bashful about asking..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast