Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night time bobbers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night time bobbers

I went to Oologah last night and fished Talala Creek. Set up the black lights, doodlesocked alot of standing timber, came across one 12" fish. Anchored right against the rock bluff with the steep dropoff right across from the boat ramp and caught 8 more with the biggest being about 14". Most fish came from around 3-4' below a bobber. They are moving in, but still somewhat slow. I left about 2 am.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Reaper. Did you happen to notice what the water temp is?

Post Thanks / Like

Was there anyone else out there last night besides you??

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it might start picking up soon. I might be out there again on Saturday.. hopefully better luck this time.. If it's nice, I may go out Friday evening if I can get off work early enough.. I hope the cooler weather moving in doesn't mess it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Cope
    Was there anyone else out there last night besides you??
    There was one other boat set up about 300 yards away. The night was quiet enough we could talk back and forth without yelling. They were catching some about the same size and both spots seemed to be hot about the same time, and turn off about the same time.
    There were a couple bank fishermen that came out a bit after midnight.
    I might just go to bed early tonight, and go out when I wake up, whatever time that will be. I have about 3 hours work in Tulsa tommorrow, and no rush to get there. I plan to work the trees as soon as it starts getting light enough, but, will just anchor around the same spot until that time comes.
    Holler at me if you see a blue/white boat with a 60hp Merc with Tiller handle pushin it. I am normally by myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Minick24
    Thanks for the update Reaper. Did you happen to notice what the water temp is?
    Still felt cold to me though. Todays heat and wind will help warm it up faster. This weekend should see many fish/boats out. I might even just bring my tent and set it up somewhere along the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to go out there tomorrow, but reading the weather report for tomorrow sounds like it's going to be windy. Winds 20 to 40! Guess I'll go and try to get an opening day turkey.

Just curious as to the night fishing.... Are you using lights? I've never crappie fished in the dark before.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually set up two black lights and keep a LED Flashlight clipped on the brim of my cap for tying/baiting/etc. The black lights make my line shine as well as the bobbers glow. In the summer, when fishing deep, I will drop a starfire over and try to attract baitfish. If I am doodlesocking trees, I set up a clamp light with a 60 watt rough service buld in it and try not to make it too bright as to scare off shallow fish. I prefer clear blue flourescent line when tightline fishing at night in deeper waters. I wonder about the glow of the line when fishing shallow. I definately prefer black light over white for my night time fishing trips. It always helps keep the bugs back a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips. Probably a lot less windy after dark anyways, and a lot less people!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ding Ding Ding Ding

Quote Originally Posted by Cope
    Thanks for the tips. Probably a lot less windy after dark anyways, and a lot less people!
    Cope wins the prize! Often less wind, and definately less people. Not to mention, this time of year, one can venture into the timber early, and catch a bunch of bigguns before the guy that it launching his boat at daybreak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast