Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have that ONE Fishing Buddy..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone have that ONE Fishing Buddy..

That almost every trip is full of mayhem ?

Got a particular bud Ive been fishing with for 35 years now,and could write a book of our journey's over the years..Left keys,no plug,boat drifts off while setting up camp........

Hadnt been on the boat with him in close to three years now,but got a call last night to head to a private tank we have fished together probably a 100 times or more..Not big,maybe 25 acres,but some of the best crappie fishin Ive done..Dont usually bring in huge numbers,but the fish are all carbon copy slabs..

So sure Im game..

Left the house @ 4:30 am for a 2 1/2 hour trip..What do you know he's right on time...Nice drive down,and the lake is like glass when we arrive just after sun-up.

After an hour and half got 6 nice crappie on the stringer,close to 40 buck bass,one right at 3 #,and more than I can count monster BG..

He say's lets head to the back of the creek...Opposite end of the tank,but "sure"......No sooner had we gotten there and the TM battery (without warning) gives its last gasp... :bang:
    2 1/2 -3 mile hike back the the trucks,take the battery out of my truck,3 mile hike back......But the Bass Buster is moving

Get back to the dock,replace my battery,used just enough juice,its a no go....Buddy says no problem,Ill just turn around and boost ya....Bad move #3..Suburban goes axle deep in sand..

Thought we could hear some equipment in the distance,, so time for another hike Doh

Thank God for John Deere....

Tally for the day,,,5 hours drive,4 hour detour,1 1/2 hours of fishing...But Im going to savor every one of the 7 fish that came home with me...

Be happy to hook any of yall up with a partner if your trips get too routine......

"Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

now thats good stuff right there

Post Thanks / Like

Great story, I've got a buddy that I started fishing with in 1980, we're like brothers and think alike. Now that he's still in MS and I'm in AL we only get together and fish about 2 times a year but I really look forward to it.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

that is a hoot! your buddy named murphy? lol

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

After reading your story I think I "like" my routine....nothing bad happens usually. I know you guys enjoyed spending time together again though. Congrats on the fish....sounds like a blast!Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a buddy that brings out the worst in me. Last year I cracked the cowling in his motor while striper fishin. This year I've dropped his TiteLok rod holder in the water when we fished his boat early spring. His motor broke that day too, but that one wasn't my fault. Later during the spawn I dropped my iPhone outta my boat while he was with me. I really not a clutz , I promise. My wife says he's just too expensive to fish with anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny stuff right there!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Its a little funnier now than it was yesterday :rolleyes: ,, found a few muscles today Id forgotten about after carrying a battery that far.

Wouldnt trade some of our history for anything...Going back to 13-14 years old our folks used to drop us off at a local lake early Saturday morning and pick us up at dark...Fished from tubes during our high school years,and fished club tourneys with him for a decade or more...

Family's and work have limited our TOW together the last 5 years,but was great to get to spend a few hours on some familiar water,just fun fishing, with one of my oldest friends....

Cant even say I was surprised at the challenges that we faced....Thumbs Up
    "Only Death will end my love affair with Texas"........... Bob Bullock

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you are wise enough to cherish those times. Good for you. We just found out my fishing partner (cousin) has cancer and we have a tough road in front of us. He is the only person that will put up with me so I have too see him through this. GOOD LORD willing we will be back on our crappie tournament trail soon!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good story, my partners low maintenance , but I've got a brothernlaw that could shut the bite off in a pay-pond just by drivin by, doesn't matter how hot the fishin is, when I take him we catch nada, he doesn't believe I've ever caught fish, but it's just him!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast