Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me understand please! Red line disappears but red hooks do not. ??????

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Help me understand please! Red line disappears but red hooks do not. ??????

We need to use red hooks because they trigger strikes. They attract fish because they look like blood or simulate a gill flash.

We need to use red line because it disappears and fish can't see your line.

Just wondering,....How does the line Vanish but not the hook... I'm not saying...I'm just saying... WTH..

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering the same thing!!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You For Asking.i Have Been Wondering The Same Thing. I Fell For The Hook But Not The Line Yet

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in, I thought both would disappear in deeper water, more than 40 feet of water. I use red hooks sometimes fresh water. I only use red line when I go deep sea fishin. And to tell ya the truth I haven't noticed a diffrents.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I am sold on the red hooks. I have used them since they hit the market. I seem to catch more fish on red hooks. I use double hook rigs. 1 gold and 1 red hook. I alternate which color is on top. I get more fish on red. Nightstalking I noticed red seems to catch more fish. I don't care if they see it or not. They catch crappie for me. I just wish the companies selling me this stuff had to tell the truth. One is lying. I think???

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I think is all about sell the fisherman. I have use red line put on lure let it sink to bottom of a pool or in clear water on the lake and I could see it. As for the hook don't think it hurts so I guess thats a good thing but I don't buy into all the hipe about the red hook are better than the regular. As for the line I'll stick with the green trilene for me.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you are on to em smitty! ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by FalconSmitty
    I am sold on the red hooks. I have used them since they hit the market. I seem to catch more fish on red hooks. I use double hook rigs. 1 gold and 1 red hook. I alternate which color is on top. I get more fish on red. Nightstalking I noticed red seems to catch more fish. I don't care if they see it or not. They catch crappie for me. I just wish the companies selling me this stuff had to tell the truth. One is lying. I think???
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper
    I think is all about sell the fisherman. I have use red line put on lure let it sink to bottom of a pool or in clear water on the lake and I could see it. As for the hook don't think it hurts so I guess thats a good thing but I don't buy into all the hipe about the red hook are better than the regular. As for the line I'll stick with the green trilene for me.
    I like tying my red hooks on my yellow line. It's purdy.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stumpjumper
    I hear that Stumpjumper your so right!!! Hey you got fish in your pool....LOL.... :D Just wanting to put a smile on your face.. Good luck this year on future fishing trips.
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

I ain't no scientist but this is what I have been told

the red line is translusive and light penetrates the line and it blends in to what ever the surroundings are

the red hooks are reflective and light bounces off of them thus attracting the eye of the fish appearing to be a bleeding woulded bait fish

sounds good to me but ask me to prove it and I will just have to say I can't
    I like the cajun red line can't say I catch more fish with it but I can see it in the daytime - as for the red hooks - all the informal testing we did saltwater fishing we did not catch anymore or any less with the red hooks - I have not tried them in freshwater - I do like gold hooks though - it seems we have better sucsess in saltwater with the gold ones so that is what I use crappie fishing - I think you do better with what you are more confident with - then I like what is on sale as well - as i am more confident with more money in my pocket too - only problem is when I got more money I usaually buy more toys
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast