Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing 9-6-11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing 9-6-11

Went fishing today, was the first trip since June. I got on the water around 10:00 this morning and started out slow. Didn't catch anything on my first stop. Talked to several fishermen on the water and they said only small ones were biting. Bait shop said reports weren't too good for Crappie right now. Not many were being caught on the lake I am fishing and most were to small to keep. My second stop looked promising with 2 keeps around 11-1/2 inchers. Went to my third spot and caught one over 12 inches first cast. Water temps over most of the lake were 77 degrees but down by the dam it was 78 degrees. I ended up with 9 very nice crappie and 2 perch off of this spot and went back to my second spot and picked up a couple more around 11 inches. Then went to the dam and trolled across the face of the dam and picked up one more. They dropped the possession limit on this lake from 30 to 15 this year. I caught Crappie on Walleye sized minnows, black and white umbrella RR body on a lead head jig with red hook, Pink head with Chartruese and Pumpkin seed twister tail, and a few came on the Creature. I caught fish in 5 ft, 10 ft and 15 ft of water today. I looked for shady spots and cast to the edge of them and that is where most of the fish were laying today. It was 72 and sunny today. They hit the best on the lead head with black and white RR body today. almost all were taken really deep. EB
    You can see a picture of the Creature in this first picture. 1/16th Chartruese head with the white Creature for the body. This is a great jig for slow trolling. I use it mainly down by the dam when I troll across the face of the dam.
    I put a pop can in the one picture for size comparison so you can get an idea of the size of them today. Turned out of be a great day for fishing for me.
    Name:  fishing 9-6-11 001.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  60.6 KB
    Name:  fishing 9-6-11 002.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  48.2 KB
    Name:  fishing 9-6-11 004.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  54.7 KB
    Name:  fishing 9-6-11 003.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  26.2 KB
    Name:  fishing 9-6-11 006.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  47.7 KB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Way to stick it out, looks like it payed off. When's dinner? Good job EB

Post Thanks / Like

These go into the cauffer for the fish fry on the 18th. EBThumbs Up

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some good sized fish. Maybe the reports from your lake needs to come from you for now on cause you caught some nice fish.Thumbs Up Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I was coming into the dock this afternoon with another limit today. A gentleman drove down to the dock as I was loading the boat. He said he and another guy was fishing the other day and again today. They was watching me catch fish and he just wanted to come back and let me know that they think I am either a very lucky fisherman or good. He lives by the dock and watched for me to come in. He said that he thought his friend was a good fisherman but they wasn't catching near the quality of fish that I was. When I came in this afternoon I was the only trailer in the parking lot again. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Where in the heck are you in NE that you catch perch like that?? I only know of one spot to catch those things, and they don't get near that big there.
    (Not asking for a location of your pond, just a general area!)
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the boards: dirtyolman

I fish Beaver Lake South of Plattsmouth most of the time. It is a Private lake and is managed by an association. They do a very good job of maintaining a decent size ratio. EB

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome, EB!
    I'm not familiar with Beaver Lake, but I sure know where it is! I spend a lot of time in NE City, so it isn't too far from there. But I live about a half an hour south, out in the boonies between Auburn and Tecumseh.
    Is there ice on Beaver Lake yet? Talked to my uncle, who lives on Johnson Lake, today, and he's pretty sure he'll be cuttin holes in the ice in a week or so out there. Evidently it's a little colder out west than it has been around here!
    Hope you had a great Christmas, and have a fantastic 2012!
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

no ice yet and thank you for the new year wishes! EB