Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville sat and mon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville sat and mon

fished sat morn with joedog, north part of trimble, and the fish were pretty slow , from what it had been. but still sent joe home with 24 eaters, biggest about 12 inches. front ended him for awhile but didnt take him long to move up in the boat and get on the brush. thanks joe i enjoyed the day. mon took the two little ones up to the same spots i fished sat and the was a little more active catching about 40 keepers with the largest about 13inches. after fishing rock cove with no luck i decided to transplant some so released about 30 fish in that cove. nice seeing jign4abign up there and ran into someone, i forgot his name, who looks at c.c but has never registered but said he would. nice meeting you.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the young ones fishing with you as long as you can. My 16 going on 30 son used to have some good times on the lake. Now he has other things on his mind.

I brought home some nice eaters 10"-12" but shy of my 15.

see ya next time,

jigin4abigun

Post Thanks / Like

good report!! glad you and joe had a great dayThumbs Up
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've decided after fishing for 5 or 6 hours up north, under the W bridge, north of the trimble water intake, southeast of Campbranch, etc, and only catching 5 keepers from 10AM until 4PM (between my wife and I) that you fellows must have a secret stash of fish in a gigantic barrel on that damn lake.

We tried minnows, jigs of various colors, various depths, various FOW in the depths etc. Just kind of stumped. Seriously I caught one frickin fish all day.

I'm about ready to sell the boat.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for Report
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embo_9 View Post
    I've decided after fishing for 5 or 6 hours up north, under the W bridge, north of the trimble water intake, southeast of Campbranch, etc, and only catching 5 keepers from 10AM until 4PM (between my wife and I) that you fellows must have a secret stash of fish in a gigantic barrel on that damn lake.

We tried minnows, jigs of various colors, various depths, various FOW in the depths etc. Just kind of stumped. Seriously I caught one frickin fish all day.

I'm about ready to sell the boat.

Bruce
    Keep after them Bruce, it was tough today. I fished Linn then worked my way south to intake cove then moved to the bridge, I caught 5 keepers. Brushman is a heck of a fisherman. I found if you find balls of shad near wood fish the wood. I fished the sane places last weekend and caught a limit with a 14.5. They are there. Brushman are you fishing the same way you did last year? I can only get blue and white to work this year
    Feel the thump, hear the drag.
    "GET IT IN THE BOAT"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Rodney,you might have to take embo_9 out. I'm about tried of working on this house going to try to get out next weekend>
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good report and a couple of nice catches. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done fellas. Thanks for the report!
    Scott - KC Northland

Post Thanks / Like

Was a great pleasure, Rodney....nice to catch some decent numbers for once and learned a lot, too. Hope to do it again sometime...

The weather was so purty on Sunday and Monday I just couldn't sit in front of a computer...so....thanks for posting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast