Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: spring crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default spring crappie

i'll be checking this web site often as i just signed up. some one in michigan let me know when the spring crappie start to bite around lansing. a couple years ago i cought a nice mess on lake ovid by the bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Crappie.com. I believe there are a few people up in the Lansing area that can let you know when the spring bite is on. I haven't had any luck yet in Belleville, but I'm hoping it will begin soon. Have you fished at Kent Lake (Kinsington)? I might make my way there because I know it has some great crappie fishing.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

I usually start crappie fishing in mid april when the rain has stoped a little and the water is clear. But over here in california, we have some big crappies. San Pablo resservior's record is a lil over 3 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

I would lose my mind if I caught a 3lb crappie. I wonder how long it would take for a crappie that big to grow here.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

The Crappie around Lansing usually start to bed in late april for the may full moon. Try lake Chemung down by Howell it's a good lake even as early as soon as the ice goes out. Fish the breaks around 10 - 15 feet until they start to move shallower, when the water starts warming to around 55 - 60 degrees. I live in TN now but fished that area for about 20 years. Water temp is the key to fishing shallow. We're starting to catch them in about 4 feet of water now. The April full moon should be awesome. Good Luck guys. Jim

"You Can't Catch Fish From The Couch!!"

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie are starting to bite

Hi E1 got some news for the Michigan fisherman the crappie are starting to bite from lansing south went to 4 different lakes this weekend caught crappies ever place we went so lets start fishing for them we get them 3 foot down to 12 feet deep so they are starting to move in the shallows

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Kent Lake yesterday and the crappie were coming in there too. There were a few slabs caught, not by me unfortunately, but it was good to see. There were also some nice gills and perch.

Corey