Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shenango 11/7/04

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenango 11/7/04

tried shenango for some crappie sunday afternoon after putting up a few more stands for the last week of archery. wind was a major factor after 3:oo.
    previous to 3:00 1 caught 6 nice crappie on minnows. about 12 perch and white bass (all small) on jigs and curlytails. tried crappie nibbles and no luck. this was shore fishing over wood. gave up about 4:30 after the wind really started to howl. i will report next week. stump jumper

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Pa boards stump jumper. I live 3 miles from Shenango.

Post Thanks / Like

hi S-10; thanks for the welcome. i live in hermitage and i'm about 5-10 minutes from most any area at shenango. i really have not fished shenango as much as i should have been in the last 5 years. i have been concentrating on mosquito. but my buddy who lives 100 yds from shenango lake and i decided to really learn the lake and put some time in, so here i am. i have visited this sight for about 6 months and really like the style of the people invilved.....real good old fashion fishermen. take care, stump

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Shenango

Hi! we live about 3 miles from Shenango & fish there alot! We don't do alot of icefishin? Our whole family fishs,wife,sons,daughter-in-law and granddaughters(age--3)!
    Happy Fishin!
    parivercat
    HAPPY FISHIN Y'ALL

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Let us know when you're coming out and we'll try to help you learn the lake. Welcome to the board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Let us know when you're coming out and we'll try to help you learn the lake. Welcome to the board.
    Thank you so much for the offer. I would really like to meet you guys and learn from you. I am also interested in crappie patterns, using jigs'ntails, and techniques. I appreciate your kindness. Gary

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of us will be fishing from shore at the 846 access area next week after work. It's supposed to get up in the 50's then. Come on up and introduce yourself and join in. We'll be sharing tips, baits, and chewin the fat about getting the KCA together. Gonna be fun,even if we dont catch many fish. BRING MINNOWS !