Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol SUCKS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ethanol SUCKS

Ethanol SUCKS....enough said. maybe it was a blessing, the lake looked like a choppy mess at CC. Pulled the plugs they were fouled ( put in new in march) just came on back home.......Ethanol SUCKS

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the Stabil Ethonal treatment will help us.
    RHill KCNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear that and not sure what motor you have but here is what I do for my Merc and I have not had a problem. Quickleen, Sea Foam, Marine Stabil. One once of each per 5 gallons in every tank. Hope you get it running soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if this'll help, but for Springfield guys on the way to truman, the Phillips 66 at 65 and Kearney has ethanol free premium.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not put ethanol gas in any of my engines except cars and trucks. It is a nightmare on all 2 and 4 cycle engines. It is very easy to test for ethanol in gas, take a plastic bottle, gatorade work great since it has a big hole at top. Put about an inch of water in the bottle, with a marker mark the water level. Add some gas to the bottle shake and let settle 10 sec is fine. The water will separate the ethanol from the gas and raise the water level from the line if it is present. If water level stays at the line you have ethanol free gas. For KC area guys, I buy mine a t HV-Gas 40 Hwy and Noland RD. Their Premium Gas in ethanol free, it is in the same hose as the others so I always put a couple gallons in the truck first. This is a link to gas stations that have ethanol free gas! You can sign a petition to keep ethanol gas available, and click on any state at the bottom for a list of ethanol free statons. Hope this helps.

Ethanol-free gas stations in MO

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Jerkey Log;1637977]I do not put ethanol gas in any of my engines except cars and trucks. It is a nightmare on all 2 and 4 cycle engines. It is very easy to test for ethanol in gas, take a plastic bottle, gatorade work great since it has a big hole at top. Put about an inch of water in the bottle, with a marker mark the water level. Add some gas to the bottle shake and let settle 10 sec is fine. The water will separate the ethanol from the gas and raise the water level from the line if it is present. If water level stays at the line you have ethanol free gas. For KC area guys, I buy mine a t HV-Gas 40 Hwy and Noland RD. Their Premium Gas in ethanol free, it is in the same hose as the others so I always put a couple gallons in the truck first. This is a link to gas stations that have ethanol free gas! You can sign a petition to keep ethanol gas available, and click on any state at the bottom for a list of ethanol free statons. Hope this helps.

Ethanol-free gas stations in MO[/QUOT

I have also been told that Ethanol is so corrosive that it can not be transported through pipelines, so all of it has to transported by tankers to the location where it is mixed. That ought to tell you a little about it!

Post Thanks / Like

crappiehawg I saw their sign Saturday saying their premium was ethanol free, that's good. There's also the Conoco at Seminole and Glenstone that has premium w/o ethanol. That's the only thing I run thru my engine, it's about .25/gallon more but well worth it in the long run.

The link that Jerkey Log posted is good information as well, except for the station in Strafford. If it's ethanol free the people that work there don't know anything about it. Had a little discussion with a couple teeny bopper girls there a couple weeks ago about it and neither one of them knew their hindend from a hole in the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Could some one post a link to the petition about ethanol free gas? Our Missouri Congressmen are at the farm lobby trough. I think I will call my Representatives about it till they get sick of hearing from me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ethonal is a joke no outdoorsman should be using it in any of there motors. All the cars that I have driven get 2 to 4 miles more a gallon using regular gas, you can do the math you save 0 by using ethonal. Then since the push for ethonal I have seen all the water ways in farm fields planted right up to the edge and there is almost no fence lines left in Iowa. That equals no wild game I blame this on the ethonal push. From my understanding you add in all the natural resource that are used in the making of ethonal ie:the boilers and such that this is a very un green fuel alternative, but to many pepole still buying it.

Post Thanks / Like

i have been running only ethonal free 87 octane with i ounce of marine stabil to 10 gallons of fuel, taking no chances. My yamaha 150 4 stroke is 4 years old. The owners manual calls for 87 octane.

Question: Is it ok to run higher octane than 87? I have to drive farther to get 87 rather than premium octane, ethonal free.

Thanks for any information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast