Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Property

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Property

I am retiring soon and looking to purchase small house or cabin on lake somewhere in Missouri. Does anyone know of good fishing lake where I might find resonably priced property? Like crappie, bluegill, and catfish fishing. I'm not interested in LOZ property - too big of a lake. Thanks for any help you might provide.
    Last edited by MOCrappieMan; 04-04-2006 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Posted on wrong state site

Post Thanks / Like

You might try asking people on the Missouri board. I know it is nice around Table Rock though, but anything around it would be pretty expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOCrappieMan
    I am retiring soon and looking to purchase small house or cabin on lake somewhere in Missouri. Does anyone know of good fishing lake where I might find resonably priced property? Like crappie, bluegill, and catfish fishing. I'm not interested in LOZ property - too big of a lake. Thanks for any help you might provide.
    I have heard good things about Mark Twain, and have personally fished Wapapello. Wapapello is not really what I would call a comercialized lake and it is kind of out of the way, so property may be reasonable. It has loads of crappie but most are small and it could use someone to step in with some regulations to make the quality better. Also, it seems to be more suited to fishing than pleasure-boating and jet skis so that is a plus.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Bella Vista AR has nice lake front homes at a slightly more affordable prices than other areas. There are several small lakes to choose from with the largest being around 300 acres at best. The bluegill fishing is excellent on all of the lakes with catfishing and bass fishing taking a close second.
    Bella vista is on the Arkansas Missouri border in NW Arkansas. Give it a visit I'll bet you'll love it!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked near and far and the most reasonably priced I could find was either BullShoals on the Northeast end of the lake, it's only property, would have to put a cabin on it. But it's not bad..Also, I agree with Little Hog also, I have fished Wapapello with my father...I am sure you could find a comfortable home tucked into the woods along the shores....pretty nice.
    Caleb
    "EVERY PRO WAS A ROOKIE ONCE!!!"