Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grenada Lake Monsters w/pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grenada Lake Monsters w/pics

Here are the two MONSTERS I caught this past weekend. I still don't have the pictures of the big one I caught Sunday, but these are the 3.0 & 3.09 oz fish I caught pre-fishing for our club tournament!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that between you and Sac-a-lait's cacthes that Jackson Miss is becoming the crappie hawg capital of the world.

They are going to look great on the wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is what you call a good day of fishing!!!

congrats!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

gooch - There is no doubt that the Rez in Jackson has some big crappie but those came from Grenda Lake. I'm headed to the Rez in a few hours to see if I can find me a few of them!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Slab- Those are the ones people dream of catching!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I live 1/2 mile from the deepest oxbow lake in the MS delta. It hasn't been fished for nearly 100 years cause its in the woods on a an island on private land. There are no roads going to it. Maybe ten people know its there. That's one of the reasons I like kafishak's Crappie boat. It will go places other boats cant'.
    FIN
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...t=13140&page=3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Miss Crappie

That is what I call a CRAPPIE! Nice ones. You should have saved them for the tournament!
    Secretary of Da Fish!

Post Thanks / Like

That's two great fish there. You were definitely doing something right to get two 3# fish in the same day. Congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some good lookin fish you have there. Wow thanks for sharing.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I fished a Classic on Grenada back a few years ago with Crappie usa when i still fished thier Trail , was a Nice Lake & I would LOVE to fish it some MORE if it was Closer , Those 2 are INDEED some NICE SLABS !! ANYTIME ya can Catch 2 over 3 Pounds in the SAME day , your at the RIGHT Place for SURE !! When we were out there, we Trolled & some of our Buddys Won the Classic that Lives just down the Road from ME & Rode with us and one other team out there together , they were Tightlining /Trolling , My Partner was in 0th on the 1st day & then had Big Motor Trouble on the 2nd day & lost about 3 Hours in teh middle of the day ( another sob story ) lol , I think we finish around 22nd place or so , out of the money for SURE !!

What i was wanting to say though , it was a Team there , I THINK they may have finished 2nd or maybe 3rd, they did really well & made a run for 1st from WAY BACK in the pack, ,,,, The method they used , from what they told use, could ONLY be used on a windy day , 1st day was calm , 2nd days the wind was aweful ,

they fished long poles out the front of the boat ,, 16 foot i THINK ,,, with 3-4 oz of lead , ( no typo ) I said 3-4 oz at least of lead , they cut the 1st foot BUT I KNOW they were doing IT because I saw them doing it !!

ANYWAY , I havent NEVER gotten the GUTS to try it since ,, OH YEAH , SEEMS like They might have been USEING Crank baits ?? NOT Sure if the were useing Crank baits or Jigs , Sorry bout that , BUT everything els e is pretty much stright as I remember it !!

I have ALWAYS wanted to try it on a BIG OPEN lake , esp a Lake like Santee that is Known for rough water SINCE they had told people that you need rough water for it to work ! m BUT heck , 1st off, I hate to take a knife to 6-8 brand new 16 foot poles !! , then Heck, I use up ALL my lead making the Sinkers just to use on ONE trip !!

ANYBODY else ever heard of anything like this at all !!??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast