Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: sailfin molly

Post Thanks / Like

Default sailfin molly

Has anyone ever tried these for crappies.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get these out of your aquarium? I've never seen anything like them, but why not give em a try. You might be onto something BIG that will change crappie fishing forever. We'll have to call it the "pontiac rig". If you remember...... stu invented the "bandaid lure"

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

lol. was reading this article and wondering if anybody knew of them.

Lake Talquin has an abundance of natural bait fish that keep the predator fish population very active. You can find Golden shiner, seminole killfish, sunfish, crayfish, threadfin shad and gizzard shad are the most common forage. Minnows such as sailfin mollies, pot-guts and a variety of others. You can also find Insect larvae, clams, mussels, frogs, tadpoles, leeches, sirens and water dogs that keep the fish on the move.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

used them growing up on the hillsbourgh river. you can catch them in minnow traps with a little bread and dry cat food. between them and monster gambousia (mosquito fish, pot bellys) I didnt have to buy bait or feeder fish that often. They work good but both mollies and gambousia have short hook life though. the diffrent types of killies lasted longer but were fewer in numbers.
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.