Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Power connection on Eagle Ultra

Post Thanks / Like

Default Power connection on Eagle Ultra

I have a problem. The power connection on my Eagle Ultra (10-15 yrs old) became loose so I wiggled it to see if it was loose. It came apart in my hand because the rubber connector was so rotten. The wires are still on the female pin connectors but I don't know which pins on the depth finder to put them on. I am only using 2 of the 6 wires and only for the power. Does anyone have one of these that could tell me which pins I should put the power on?

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm....found a user's manual online after some searching, but it's silent on the pin out of the cable. A better approach would be to find the part number for the power cable, then figure out which models it would work with to broaden you search. For example, I figure the Ultra power cable will fit the Ultra, Ultra II, Ultra II Plus, Ultra Plus, Ultra Map, Ultra Nav and Ultra Nav II. Probably some others as well. Unfortunately, I can't verify my list as I don't see a power cable listed as available for the Ultra on the Eagle Site.

Accessories

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

I call Lowrance and talked to the tech dept and they said it was too old for them to have schematics. I have the orginal manual and the information I need is not in it. What I need to to be able to check the 12 volts on the connector and see which pin it goes to. But in my case, I have the 12 volts but don't have the orientation as to which pin it goes to on the Depth finder.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this is true on the Eagle, but most Lowrance of that vintage if you looked closely at the connector, the positive and negative pins were slightly larger than the others. Maybe somebody will pipe up that owns one and post a pic of their cable plug that will show it. Pretty sure I've got a power cable for an x75/x85 in my shop. If I can get out there, and remember it, I'll take a look. Might get lucky and the position will be the same for the Eagle.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.