Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jig pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default jig pole

im looking into buying a new jig pole and was wondering what you guys would reccomend thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Sam heaton super sensitive. Best one for vertical jigging. Thats my .02 cents!!!
    I'm so broke, I cain't even pay attention!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Heaton 11'
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sam heaton 10 ft and it is nice, pretty sensetive, if your budgeted they are great rods for the money, there are a lot of great rods out there, I also have OUTLAW rod, that is real good for them big ole southern crappie, and I have a couple G loomis that are real real sensetive, there are cherokee rod from oklahoma that get great reviews, see what I am saying, lots of great rods, just find one you like the feel of and you will be happy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunter7711 View Post
    sam heaton 11'
    x2
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

crappie getter made by american rod smith the best on the market bar none, sam heaton come in 2nd . they come in 10,11 and 12ft they are near half price of the heaton ,you can find them at grizzley jigs.
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

have a sam heaton and a buck jig pole BGJP both by BnM that are great rods....cant go wrong w/either

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

You know what I have used a lot of different jig poles over the years in all styles and seizes as well as sensitivities. I have found that there isn't any single pole better than another, other than in quality of workmanship. It is all depending on the amount of sensitivity you need in order to feel or see the bite. Some go as sensitive as they can get and others like a little stiffness.

I broke my favorite one back last year. At the time I was fishing close to a cane break, so I went over and cut a good size cane pole and that had a nice tapered tip to it. I got it cleaned up and put a line on it, it did very well continuing to catch the rest of my limit with. The flexibility of the tip of the cane pole was key for me for sensitive feel. It was not my old pole and it had a different feel to it, but it lasted quite a while after that trip. I finally got a new pole recently, B&M 10 foot. For me this new pole has to much give in it, but I have only used it once so I will keep trying it out to see if I can adjust to it. So try many and see what fits you best.

Post Thanks / Like

The last post says it all. It is the fisherman more than the equipment. Take away the graphite, electronics, special lines, and scented baits... it all comes down to the hand holding the rod and the mind making the decisions.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have several rods from 5 to 12 feet, and jigging poles of different stiffness in 8, 9, 10, and 12 feet. BGJP, All Pro, Wally Marshall, BPS(the gold one) and they all work very well for different types of jigging with different weights. I don't like a noodle, and I don't like a broomstick. Dollar for dollar I like the BGJP for a few reasons. One being that replacement tips are available for them and they're easily found. another is that when you find a BnM distributor, you get a chance to handle a lot of different rods in one place. The Sam Heaton has a very big following, but I don't have one to comment on. I don't have need , yet, for a 3 piece rod so I also cant comment on those. My point is that you shouldn't be in a hurry to buy one until you handle a bunch of them, and think about how YOU like to fish. I owned a BnM rod called the difference that was very well made but was way too soft for my liking and it went back 2 weeks later. It had been recommended, but didn't suit me. It also might not hurt to take the reel you plan on using to see how you like the balance. Good luck in your search.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast