Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Best Crappie Lure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Crappie Lure

What do you reccomend that use for a crappie lure? I know that you can use live baits such as crickets or minnows, but I have no idea when it comes it lures.

The only drawback for them is that I need to be able to order them offline from a place like Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

1/32 & 1/16 oz. jigheads with Small Tube Baits[BP Squirmin Squirts,ect.]There the most common used ,And the best bet for my money!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I am not going to try and give you an exhaustive list of lures for every application but I will give you the one I have the most confidence in. I like casting for crappie. I use other methods but this is the one I enjoy the most. I use a roadrunner head with different types of bodies. The body as use the most though is a southern pro, triple tailed grub. Black and chartruese is my favorite color.

You can get the heads at Wally Worls or any sporting goods store.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHound
    The body as use the most though is a southern pro, triple tailed grub.
    I love those to in a variety of colors. Good action when retrieved slow.
    Good things come to those who bait.

jig fisher Guest

my favorite bait is 1/16 or 1/32 jig head with red and chartruse bps snagless super squirt. it is an 1 1/2" tube bait with a weed guard attached to the body.
    this is my personal favorite because you can cover the hook point and really fish the heavy brush and flooded willows. bass pro shops does not show this bait in any of there catalogs but you can get the item number and color codes from there web site. these baits must be really good sellers for bps because they are always hard to get,over the phone or in the store. good luck and happy fishin.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also try ebay for lures. Don't for get the sponsors of this sight too. I like using tubes, grubs and marabue jigs. combinations with white, pink/white red/white yellow/white, combinations with chartruse, dark colors/chartruse. Size are 1/16 - 1/32 I also experiment

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Tube jigs for me. In the color of the day. I start small 1/80 oz on a 1" tube early in the spring and go to a bigger jig head and a 1.5 tube later in the summer....

Post Thanks / Like

I like to use 1/32 - 1/16oz jig heads (round head or horse head) and regular tubes, If you want to buy bulk and save a little try www.buehler.com or www.barlowstackle.com. I order a lot of stuff through these two places and the shipping and products are always good.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Slater's hair jig, Dallas Cowboy, #8. Tip it with salted shrimp or a meal worm. Can't be beat.

Don