Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Amazon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kudos to Amazon.com

I found the best price on my new trolling motor at Amazon.com. Also factor in free shipping and no sales tax. But there was a problem: Reverse didn't work.

Retuning couldn't have been easier. No questions asked other than if I wanted a refund or replacement. I chose replacement.

Amazon's site generated a UPS mailing label that I printed out and clear-taped on the box. Dropped it off at UPS at no charge.

Best of all, Amazon sent my replacement motor next-day FedEX. It arrived today!

I like to buy locally but even at the same price it would have cost me $10+ in gas and 2 hours to return a motor at a local retail outlet.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you about them. I was saving to get a HB 1197csi w/nvb and browsed Amazon to see exactly what i'd have to put away per month to get one, and found that they had [2] on sale for an unbelievable price of $1999 each. I immediately pulled out my charge card and ordered one. These were new in the box units. Decided i could make some money on the other one but in the fifteen minutes it took me to get back, the other one was gone. Been using it since last fall with no problem. Also got a humminbird Ice 45 icefishing unit at a reduced price and then found a coupon for a $45 rebate. Great place to shop for just about anything you need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Great place to shop for just about anything you need.
    Yeah, I always thought of them as just a place for books, but you really can get almost anything. When somebody wants a "starter" fly fishing outfit, I always suggest the Scientific Anglers combo as one option. Amazon is one of the few places that carries them.

I recently signed up for "Amazon Prime". For an upfront fee, you get free, second day delivery on almost anything. I'm gonna try to get my money's worth.

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought they only carried books and other items I wouldn't be interested in. They ended up having the cheapest prices on Moog ball joints and tie rods for my truck, plus the shipping was free. Now every time I buy something I check there first.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

and their stock ain't doing bad either. i think it will split before long.

Post Thanks / Like

They have everything you want!!!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

I use to work there 5 yrs ago, in Lexington KY. They place is un real. 3 stories high, 100 million items per floor I swear. It was a great place to work, around xmas time its a mad house. During this time I worked 80 hrs a week sometimes. Its a good compnay!!! You can order anything from furniture to car covers from them!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just searched a couple items and found they were cheaper on all but one item, so I will definitely check there if I ever order anything. Like everyone else I always assumed it was a book store

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great call with Amazon. I use them alot for books, and a few other items over the years, but never bothered to check their fishing stuff. Boy was I wrong about that! They have excellent prices and discounts. They will now join my "rotation" when researching fishing stuff. In fact, I may order right now I see so many good deals!!

Post Thanks / Like

To anyone not familiar with Amazon: Not everything qualifies for free shipping, I think it just includes orders over $25 which Amazon fills (there are vendors other than Amazon who sell items there). When placing your order, be sure to check the free shipping option (it's not automatic). Be sure and price check within Amazon, there will be several identical items priced all-over the map. Like Feebay, some are realistic and others are stupid-overpriced. Be sure to check shipping costs too (if it's not free), since (again like Feebay) some sellers add to their profits by inflated shipping/handling charges. I've ordered lots from Amazon, been good so far. I need to to the Prime Member thing as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast