Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Journals-Do you keep one?? What Info??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Journals-Do you keep one?? What Info??

I have been keeping one for seven years and feel it is worth the time and effort. Anyone else keep a journal and if so, what information do you record??

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to start this year. I made up and printed some sheets for a notebook, with places for date, location, time, lure, depth, water temp, and conditions. Gonna scribble it in a pocket pad and log it when i get home...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I started back in 1982. Date, quantity, lure weight, lure, head color, body color, line size, depth, temp, water temp, wind, structure, location, ect. The journal helps if you don`t fish real often. It works from year to year. The locatin may change but everything else stays the same.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I started night stalking I started one back in January of this year. I record date, time fished, quantity of fish caught, weather conditions, water conditions, and any comments including who went with me, depth fish caught at, water depth fished, the place I set up at, etc. Maybe next year I can reflect back on the journal and find where I caught fish as the conditons change. We'll see.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't keep one, but ya know I think this will be a good time to start. It make sense to keep fishin records. Thanks for the idea.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I have been keeping one for about 4 years now. I list the lake level, location date, time of day, water temp, number of fish caught, weather conditions, barometric pressure, lure, moon phase, and any other comments I have about the day.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been keeping one for 5 years. Time, water temp and bar press, locations,etc. At the end of the day,I record the count.I like to see if can beat my best year, and it ant happened yet.
    Last edited by mudwitch; 04-03-2006 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Last words of a dying redneck... "Hold my beer and................................. watch this..."