Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: IN BMV online boat registration

Post Thanks / Like

Default IN BMV online boat registration

Have any of you guys used the online boat registration with any success this year?

Sure would beat having to wait in line for two hours to get the boat registered this year.

I can't get it to work for me

I put my boat registration number and SOC in the form and it said it didn't match my boat HIN. Funny. never had that problem when I went to the license brach in person the last 25 years.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I could register my vehicles online, but had to send in the renewal for my boat to avoid going to the BMV. I don't think you can renew boat registrations online yet. Hopefully they will get that setup by next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response. I think I'll just go to the BMV office and do it in person.

The online boat registration system is new this year and still have some bugs in the data base.

I went to the BMW last week on Tuesday and had to wait only about an hour to get my turn. I paid an extra 15 bucks over the yearly registration fee so that my registration won't expire until next Sept 2007. That way I can get my Truck and Trailer License plate updates at the same time I register my boat. One trip instead of two.

Cost me 45 bucks for this year and next year until Sept which was not too bad at all.

Now I need to get my lake launch permit for the main state reservoirs in IN. That's another sticker that I have to put on my boat each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    I could register my vehicles online, but had to send in the renewal for my boat to avoid going to the BMV. I don't think you can renew boat registrations online yet. Hopefully they will get that setup by next year.
    Last edited by Moose1am; 04-17-2006 at 08:30 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am