Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snake River Crappie...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snake River Crappie...

Hey guys,

I live in Richland. Saw a post about Snake River crappie saying is was really good in moving water. Where is that? Are there any in the lower snake?

Thanx in advance for the help, I would rather catch crappie than anything, but have little experience at it.

I'm a wannabe.

Post Thanks / Like

The state record white crappie (2lbs 12oz) came from the lower snake. I've yet to fish a section of it that didn't hold crappies. I fish the middle section the most.

Sent ya a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

the state record came out of the burbank sloughs which is part of the columbia, it wouldnt surprise me if it came out of one of those ponds you have to walk into. not sure of the story.

slabking it would be nice to see a section in your website about fishing the snake!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fowlguy. I have three trips to the Snake planned for May and June so I hope to get a bunch of pictures so I can add a Snake River page to the site. I'm also working on a new site that will include downloadable videos and a few other surprises.

PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct about Burbank sloughs...Tough access on that water. No motors allowed and bank access is tough, mostly cattails and bullrushes surround the entire area. Some guys will use a float tube to gain access.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabKing
    . . . I have three trips to the Snake planned for May and June . . .
    If you don't mind, let me know what times you plan to be there. I am hoping to go some time in June as well. Maybe it will be the same timeframe.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

those burbank sloughs are about 2 miles from my house. I have only fished them a couple of times, I am usually up on the snake. Hopefully this year I spend more time there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Eyes
    If you don't mind, let me know what times you plan to be there. I am hoping to go some time in June as well. Maybe it will be the same timeframe.

Thanks.

Will do. As of now the weekend of June 3rd is set in stone.

Post Thanks / Like

About how many hours is the drive over there?

Post Thanks / Like

How fast do you drive?:D It can take up to 6hours if you're pulling a boat and take your time. In a car going 75mph most of the way....about 4-5hrs. I'll leave Seattle at around 1am and get there as the sun is coming up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast