Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stockton brush today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton brush today.

Fished what I would call main lake beds around the state park and had several good fish. Best bite in 16-20ft of water. Fish were holding tight to cover. We were fishing midsouth super jigs on 1/16oz heads. Solid glow chart, and yellow/glow chart was best. Never found a pile with a hot bite and didn't catch a fish over 13in all day. We had to move a lot as no bed was holding more than 7-8 keepers.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job, now lets find some good ones on Pomme!

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Good job mabey things will pick up a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Newt, a friend of mine fished the little sac arm today with only a few keepers. I would focus on the main lake if I were you. Like I have told others, my thoughts and a cup of coffee won't buy you much.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

nice going jason, looks like the brush is the way to go, I am still working on my brush pile skills, getting better, I sure think your idea of putting in brush,and different types of structure is the key to a good chance to improve your catch ratio,to no catch. we put in some beds couple years ago, going to cut a bunch of cedars this fall and get ready to add some more to the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Good job jason atleast you got 2 catch some

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    nice going jason, looks like the brush is the way to go, I am still working on my brush pile skills, getting better, I sure think your idea of putting in brush,and different types of structure is the key to a good chance to improve your catch ratio,to no catch. we put in some beds couple years ago, going to cut a bunch of cedars this fall and get ready to add some more to the lake.
    Beagle, IMO putting in a lot of brush is the key to stockton crappie. When the bed bite is good there is no substitute for having you own brush to fish and lots of it. My rule of thumb is 20 piles a year in the area you like to fish and after about 4-5 years if you change depth you will have an answer for most depths and conditions. 20 piles is not as many as it sounds. It isnt hard to place 5-6 in a few hours of work, so about 4 bed building days a year and after 5 years you have 100 beds to fish. Sounds like a lot but if you place them to favor different winds and seasons is not as many as it sounds.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad ya got on some!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jason.wanted to come on up that way but we had to much trouble.Good excuse huh.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and good advice.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast