Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally getting boat storage!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally getting boat storage!

After years of wanting and needing a better shop, it's finally happening. No more storing boats on the carport or in the yard and trucks on the driveway. No more having to drag tools outside to work because the shop's too small to work in. Work is in progress. Will post more when it's done. New shop will be 30 x 34 - vinyl sided, metal roof, 16 ft door, sink and stove for Vonna to do her canning. She gets her corner ---- the rest is all mine.
    This is the old eyesore
    Name:  Old Lean To - Before.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  24.1 KBName:  Old Shop 1 - The Before.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  27.7 KB

The tore her down while I was having surgery - never got to see the show
    Name:  Torn down.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  50.5 KB

The build begins!!!
    Name:  The new build begins.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  81.4 KBName:  Almost ready to pour.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  68.5 KB

This is where some of the stuff waits for a new home. Also got stuff in the basement, at the mom-in-law's and at a friends house. It looks like Sanford & Son around here!
    Name:  Where all the stuff ends up without a garage.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  56.8 KB
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good.....but I think its gonna be too small for all that stuff plus the boat. You better shift gears and make it 30X50. Don't ask me how I know this.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I know youre glad to get a new shop. And G's right...dont matter how big you build, it's gonna fill up FAST! Just make sure youre gonna be able to add some leans on the sides and back & you'll be good for years.Thumbs Up Cant wait to see more pictures as it's being built.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say, his heart wanted 40 x 60. It's funny though, he originally planned on 24 x 30, but figured out real quick that just wouldn't cut it. The savings account said 30 x 34 was the max we could go cause we didn't want to go into debt for this. We were sitting in the back yard this morning already planning the lean-to's and it's not even built yet
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Vonna, 35 years ago I was going to build a 25X30.....my friends talked me out of it. I built a 30X50 insulated metal building, then 20 years ago I added a 16x50 side to it and 10 years ago, I added 12X30 onto the front and I still don't have enough room. It never ends, lol Rofl
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

If it's not in the plan (and they haven't poured the floor yet), I'd add a floor drain or two. Looks like it'll make you a nice shop!

Post Thanks / Like

Lookin forward to the progress pics!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the new shop, sure you will enjoy. My 24x24 is full after only 5 yrs, so I quit buying toys (yeah right) just smaller ones Rofl
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The plan looks great, and I know you can't wait. I just recently moved into a new place that has a 3 car garage in the back. The boat has a slot, I have a slot, and the wife has a slot. I'm good!! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Water line and a drain line would be good for cleaning fish maybe?
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Your going to enjoy that new storage area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast