Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fiberglass Cleaner and Protectant

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fiberglass Cleaner and Protectant

Just wondering what everyone uses to clean and protect your fiberglass boats with? I have a Triton 189 that is still in pretty good shape and would like to keep it that way. I've been using the Mequiar's line of products. After doing some internet searching, I'm thinking of going to the Aerospace 303 or the Bass Boat Saver products. Can any of you guys give me any good or bad advice about these? Thanks in advance for any help.
    A&R JIGS - PRO STAFF
    LIGHTWIRE HOOKS - PRO STAFF

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use both..Aerospace 303 for the inside of the truck & Bass Boat Saver for the boat..Both do an excellent job..Thumbs Up
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

know 2 people that use bass boat saver and they recommend it

Post Thanks / Like

McGuire's Cleaner Wax. truck, boat, rods, and the kitchen sink!!!!
    I aint here to tell you anything. You want to know what Im doing....pm me and meet me on the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by das speck hunter View Post
    McGuire's Cleaner Wax. truck, boat, rods, and the kitchen sink!!!!
    That's what I've heard

Post Thanks / Like

I clean my hull with the SeaSense hull cleaner from Walmart. Hose it down, spray it on-wait a few minutes and spray it off. Wax above and below decks with Meguires marine/rv polish with PTFE. I have found that a wax on top of the polish doesn't buy me any extra time or protection than the polish alone. A simple wipe down after I take out each day while still damp keeps the hull clean.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought my first fiberglass boat and bought Bass Pros line of cleaner and wax. It does alright, but i'm positive these others would do better. After looking at this i think i'll give em a try as well

Post Thanks / Like

To go into from start to finish it will take afew hours if you want something for protection and a showroom look.
    You need to understand cleaners,polishes,waxes and what they do as to get the look you want.A paint cleaner will remove stuff like raildust which every truck,car,boat has it in it.If not removed you will get hairline swirls from a buffer,most store bought (wal mart,parts stores)waxes have enough filters in them to cover the hairline swirls until the sun melts it off,30 t0 60 days.
    Wax is like a womans lipstick,doesn't last long,a sealer will last 5 to 9 months....
    Zaino,wolf gang and XMT has some of the best cleaners,polishes,sealers,glazes and waxes.I do most of mine by hand from start to finish..take time and understand how to apply and remove.Never put or take off wax,polishes and glazes in circiler but instead a up and down or back and forward strokes.
    The reward in taking your time useing the right polishes and a sealer will show your reward,for a extra pop apply a good wax on top of the sealer.
    I use mostly Zaino products but the other two are just as good......