PDA

View Full Version : Water Still Low @ Ky Lake, but slowly rising...pics

Cane Pole
04-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Water is rising slowly, a couple of tenths of an inch per day. Water in the next few weeks should rise 3 more feet. As you can see from the pictures. I added a landing zone to me boat dock for me new boat. Still gotta add bumpers. If the water rises another foot, it will breach the sandbar by Hog Holler and I will get to do some wade fishing. I love to wade fish...

Todd Miller (Crappiehunter) stopped by Sunday and I showed him the wade area. If the water gets right, he is gonna join me to do some wading...Hope he ain't scared of snakes...haha

David Waters
04-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Tom, I have cancelled my trip to fish Kentucky lake. I qualified at grenada and decided to just save my money for the regional. I appreciate your help over Christmas time. I love the lake and will be takin gyou up on your invite late spring and summer. Maybe when schol gets out we can work something out. I could really use a couple days to truly relax.

Again, thanks for your help. You certainly have helped out many folks here on this site.

Tell Todd to send me some pics from Grenada. He took some pics whiel we were weighing in and stuff. Boy, imagine if a snake got in his waders! Now that would make a great picture!

slab-happy
04-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Hello Cane Pole....What part of ky. lake are you at? I take my camper to the Land between the Lakes during the summer. I hope to move there some time in the near future maybe in Grand Rivers area.

Cane Pole
04-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Water is rising slowly, a couple of tenths of an inch per day. Water in the next few weeks should rise 3 more feet. As you can see from the pictures. I added a landing zone to me boat dock for me new boat. Still gotta add bumpers. If the water rises another foot, it will breach the sandbar by Hog Holler and I will get to do some wade fishing. I love to wade fish...

Todd Miller (Crappiehunter) stopped by Sunday and I showed him the wade area. If the water gets right, he is gonna join me to do some wading...Hope he ain't scared of snakes...haha

Ok. Todd said u had qualified. Don't blame u about saving the monies. Will plan to see u this summer...

Cane Pole
04-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Hello Cane Pole....What part of ky. lake are you at? I take my camper to the Land between the Lakes during the summer. I hope to move there some time in the near future maybe in Grand Rivers area.

West Sandy Creek off the Big Sandy River, South and East of Paris Landing Tn. (by water bout 10 miles).

DENNIS BOWERS
04-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Tom,We still need 3-4Ft. here to for the Crappie to get into normal spawning grounds. Storms yesterday an last night helped raise it some. Hope ya survived them o.k.!!

ShilohRed
04-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Tom the TVA web site shows Pickwick will come up a foot in the next 24 hours. They have only ran one unit per day for over a week. Hope to see them get enough water to start running current.
Theres a few places on the river below the dam, That I would love to fish. but can't get the boat in with the water so low.

Also your going to spoil Todd if you keep that up..LOL

Pete

Cane Pole
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Tom the TVA web site shows Pickwick will come up a foot in the next 24 hours. They have only ran one unit per day for over a week. Hope to see them get enough water to start running current.
Theres a few places on the river below the dam, That I would love to fish. but can't get the boat in with the water so low.

Also your going to spoil Todd if you keep that up..LOL

Pete

I just checked TVA..Yep..It is gonna rise a foot by WED. Good...Like Dennis said, it needs to get up 3 or 4 more feet.............

krappiekrazy
04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Don`t jump off the left side.

Cane Pole
04-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Don`t jump off the left side.

That why I got that idiot rail up for Jeff..To remind me...ha

lee s.
04-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Are the stakes for crappie structure? Hope they don't get blown away.
....lee s.

johnnybub
04-04-2006, 07:41 AM
, Im in the cove just north of cozy cove resort ,( ky lake subdivision) , Im new at ky lake ,,wasnt sure when they raise the levels and how fast , planning on putting in my fishing toon easter weekend if the water is up to 357-8 or so ,,,,
I was planning on doing exactly the same thing youve done around your dock,, I have the fishing attractors ( no hang ums) but havent put them out yet due to the low water,I do have a few stick condos in place , hopefully i wont be too late,,was really hoping to do much more fishing this year but it seemed every weekend we came down it rained or snowed,,,,
hopefully I ll be able to get at least a few weekends of good crappie fishing in,,

Cane Pole
04-04-2006, 05:06 PM
, Im in the cove just north of cozy cove resort ,( ky lake subdivision) , Im new at ky lake ,,wasnt sure when they raise the levels and how fast , planning on putting in my fishing toon easter weekend if the water is up to 357-8 or so ,,,,
I was planning on doing exactly the same thing youve done around your dock,, I have the fishing attractors ( no hang ums) but havent put them out yet due to the low water,I do have a few stick condos in place , hopefully i wont be too late,,was really hoping to do much more fishing this year but it seemed every weekend we came down it rained or snowed,,,,
hopefully I ll be able to get at least a few weekends of good crappie fishing in,,
I am not familiar with Cozy Cove, but I would bet you can catch fish on the stakes from now thru May...