Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kayaking on Truman in Missouri

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayaking on Truman in Missouri

Check out the Missouri state forum. "Good day off W... ". Been limiting out daily from my BassPro Ascend D10. Can't wait to upgrade to a Jackson Coosa Elite next summer.

Post Thanks / Like

I want a Coosa also. I think they are the best river boat out there. I don't think I would trade it for my Hobie Outback for lake fishing, which is what I do mostly, but I would like to have one for taking down the local rivers.

Post Thanks / Like

I may need to rethink it then. I do mostly lake fishing. We have a bunch of conservation lands up here that have 50-100 acre lakes. There is a Hobie dealer six miles from me.

Post Thanks / Like

kc, you need to try out one on a lake. It really depends on what style of fishing you going to do. I love to crappie fish so suspending over a top in the wind and jigging the top you can't beat an outback. I can turn that thing into the wind and slowly pedal that thing and just stay over the top. I have a Ride 135 that I love also, but I have to use an anchor if I want to stay over a top. I have not used my Ride in a year since buying the Outback. If I wanted to go kayaking with some friends and I wasn't fishing I would want to take my RIDE.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pointers. Will try em both before I pull the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

The soon to be released Jackson Cuda would be better suited for lake fishing than the Coosa, but keeps the high seat etc.