Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: American Plan Bluegill Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Default American Plan Bluegill Resort

Hey guys, Finally got to the point where I only have to work 2 days a week (to support my fishing & waterfowl hunting ) Want to take my wife bluegill fishing so I'm looking for a lake within 6 hrs drive of NW Indiana with a good bluegill population and an American Plan Resort cuz if she has to cook she won't go. Anybody got any ideas? Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That is a heck of a drive for bluegill fishing. Have you checked your states DNR website. Ours in va lets you pick what species you are after then lists all the best lakes and rivers.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My wife loves to fish and she is a GREAT cook and loves to cook, ya wanna take her I don't mind her being gone for 3 or 4 weeks a or longer if ya need her, just let me know:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default long dive for blue gill fishing

what about reel foot lake in tenn.? .....I see them advertising in the magazines about good deals on Motel, boat & motor for week

Personally I think it's ok to drive to catch Buster Brim....I make an annual pilgrimage from Savannah, Ga. to Pittsburg , Tx. each year on the May full moon for just that reason.

Smackover

Post Thanks / Like

We caught some nice bluegill ice fishing Willow Slough this past winter :D

Post Thanks / Like

Smackeover, I live 30 mile from Pittsburg Tx, where ya fish here for the Brim?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I should have said"vacation" in posting. Thanks to all who answered, even the out of work lol comedians. Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I have been catchiing blue gills in Lake Shafer, Monticello IN. There is all kinds of places to stay. Water is still in the upper 40s but is rising. If you have teens you can drop them off @ Indiana Beach amusement park from the water. There is also camp grounds. If you decide to give it a try let me know and I will tell you a good part of the lake to try.
    Bill