Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anybody Catching Any Up There?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody Catching Any Up There?

Not much propoganda going on on the Iowa board, i'm gettin a queezy feelin you guys are catching and not talkin haha. On the serious side, the wife and i are going to Truman the last week of April. Now thinking of 3 days there and a couple at Rathbun. I guess we'll see what the weather brings us. How many are fishin the tourney the weekend of May 20th, will be there but not fishin the tournament, maybe bump into some members from here...izzy:D

Post Thanks / Like

I was there with a buddy saturday. Fished a lot of spots and never saw a fish till we got to the docks in Buck creek. Even then it was mostly small stuff. Lake is mighty low right now. I'm guessing about 4ft low. Not sure what they've been getting for rain. Water temps around mid forties. The day before we fished I guess they bit much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy
    I was down there Sunday, didnt fish just did alittle habitat enhancement .Ill be fishing the tournament on the 20th.Hopefully will be going to Grenada in October.Right now the Lake is at 901.83(normal is 904.00).We got so good raine down there this weekend, so I look for it to come upalittle more yet.Id personally like to see it stay at normal pool.If it get too high the fish spread out alot.Like Herb said I had 45.7 degree water Sunday, but temps are suppossed to get into the high 60's this week.PJ.
    Last edited by prchjerker; 04-03-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Hey PJ, I think we might try Rathbun or Red Rock this weekend. I'm assuming the crappie will still be deep ? We've been over at Lynxzville and Genoe the last few weekends and need a change of scenery. Walleye and Sauger have been doing pretty good. We might try Ky again the week after Easter.

Post Thanks / Like

Heres a site for water temp and lake level for Rathbun.
    We'll be there for the tourney in May. If I can talk my wife into it, we'll be there for the Apr. 29th tourney too.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/cgi-bi...e_name=rathbun

It helps if I paste it before I hit send....
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

Kurt
    I think Id opt for Rathbun.Redrock is going to look pretty ugly.The Des Moines River is running bank full.Theyre trying to shove it through as fast as its coming in.Rathbun isnt coming up as much as Id like it to.The water is still real clean on the main lake and Buck Creek.Id look around the marina and the deeper water by the honey creek boat ramp.Both of those palces are good early season spots.
    A buddy of mine just got back from the blood river in Ky. on Saturday.They put it to them pretty good,had 350 in 4 days biggest was 2.75.They werent spawning yet, but getting pretty close.
    Hows that 23 pitch working?