Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Accident on Rt. 18 4/2/06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accident on Rt. 18 4/2/06

On the way home from Pymie last evening we saw a really bad accident on Rt. 18 just at the beginning of the 4 lane going south out of Greenville. I mention this because it involved a boat, truck and a car. The people were life flighted. Hoping the best for the victims and hoping it wasn't anyone from our board. Take care. Gary U

Post Thanks / Like

Stump Jumper,

What time did you see the accident? A buddy of mine and I fished Mosquito Lake yesterday morning and then Shenango yesterday afternoon, then headed home around 5:30pm or so and did not see anything on 18S.

Thanks,
    deep-v
    GO STEELER'S!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi DeepV; We went past the accident about 9:00 p.m. About 10 police cars, fire rescue, ambulances and then the helicopter. The boat was an all green aluminum (I think Star Craft). I could not get a color of the truck and the car was maroon color and smaller. Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Stump Jumper,

Thank you for the reply. I did not see anyone I knew yesterday at Shenango and don't recall seeing an all green boat while we were fishing. Let's hope that everyone is OK.

deep-v
    GO STEELER'S!

S10CHEVY is online now Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

The truck was towing the boat, and coming out of Greenville, from the two lanes, changing into 4 lanes. The car was driven by an 83 year old man, who came out of the first street, just after the Chevy dealership. The truck and boat had no where to go as the car pulled out, right in front of them. The old man died shortly after. They ended up using an ambulance, as the helicopter wasn't needed at that point. He must have died after they called for a life flight.