Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, dustproof Camera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof, dustproof Camera

My old 5 meg camera has the ink wore off so it is hard to find the picture taking spot. It has been a good one, and Olympus. I just saw the Fuji that is proof everything 14 meg and $169 vs 3-400 for the Olympus. Reviews were mixed, overall not 4.5 like the Olympus. Anyone have a fuji? Would u buy another?

Oh my battery is now only good for about 5 pics.

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got one of those! My family bought it for me for Father's Day. My wife got a great deal on it at Costco with some coupon she had and saved about $75. My old Kodak was 11 years old, and I was gonna use it til the thing fell apart. The Fuji takes excellent pictures and lives up to every word they claim. And like any other modern camera it's got 100 features you'll never use. The nicest part is running it under the faucet to clean it. The best feature next to under water was the panoramic pictures. Panoramic takes 3 pics (on cue) then mends them together for a seamless shot (amazing). The case that comes with it is kind of goofy. The USB cable is about a foot long. I loaded the software, but got rid of it. It wasn't impressive at all and dragged down my computer.

There pics taken with my Fuji XP. The webhosting does them no justice, but it was good enough to catch a hummingbird mid flight in my backyard. The boat pic was my first shot underwater. I didn't even know it had about 3 water features I could have used. The gil was my son's in about 3 feet of water.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by backtocrappie; 08-21-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004