Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing around the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing around the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area?

Hey Iowa folks. Chris here from Tennessee. My wife is from Iowa and we vacation there every year. Her dad lives in Waterloo. What and where are some good fishing spots in that area? I've fished George Wyth I think it was called and also in the Cedar river. I enjoyed fishing my last trip up there though I didn't have much luck. I told my brother-in-law from Waterloo the fish just didn't bite because they knew I was in the state. I visited a little bait shop, I think it was called Dick's Bait Shop. The guy running the place was really nice. Looking forward to fishing the Iowa waters again soon.

CohuttaCrappie
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chris:

My cousin just got out of the navy and took a new job as a plant manager in Davenport IOWA. I will see him this christmas and ask him about the area. He is new to the area but I will bug him until he figures out where the best fishing is located in Iowa. He just moved from Oregon where the Salmon were running up the rivers. He was the repair officer for the Navy's Big Missle Subs. Those boomers were under his control while they were refitted. He managed about 9000 people when he was in the Navy. Now he will mange some packing company or something in Iowa. He and I went crappie fishing a few times at Barkeley lake when were were younger. He had three boys and I am sure that they will end up being fishermen too.

Remind me on the main board around the holidays and I will find out what I can from him when he gets setttled in.

Quote Originally Posted by CohuttaCrappie
    Hey Iowa folks. Chris here from Tennessee. My wife is from Iowa and we vacation there every year. Her dad lives in Waterloo. What and where are some good fishing spots in that area? I've fished George Wyth I think it was called and also in the Cedar river. I enjoyed fishing my last trip up there though I didn't have much luck. I told my brother-in-law from Waterloo the fish just didn't bite because they knew I was in the state. I visited a little bait shop, I think it was called Dick's Bait Shop. The guy running the place was really nice. Looking forward to fishing the Iowa waters again soon.

CohuttaCrappie
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose, I don't know if you realised it or not, but I too live in Davenport. I didn't answer Cohutta's post because I have never fished up in that area. FYI - Waterloo is somewhere around 100 miles or more away from Davenport.
    Just thought I'd speak up to explain myself.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

I was not sure where it was. Davenport or Waterloo. I just knew that he was in IOWA somewhere. Which is why I was going to ask him But now that I know that they are so far apart I won't bother him with that question. We will have a lot to talk about and everyone else in the family will be wanting some of his time too.

Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon
    Hey Moose, I don't know if you realised it or not, but I too live in Davenport. I didn't answer Cohutta's post because I have never fished up in that area. FYI - Waterloo is somewhere around 100 miles or more away from Davenport.
    Just thought I'd speak up to explain myself.

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Regards,

Moose1am