Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Day 2 on Cumberland Headwaters..HOT AGAIN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day 2 on Cumberland Headwaters..HOT AGAIN

Just a quick note to let ya guys know that day 2 here on Big South Fork has been a HOT one!!! Honest to GAWD, I lost track of how many I caught. I kept 30 and returned 10, 11 and 12 inchers back....of course I caught several small ones....7 8 9 inches.....I had well over a 150 minnows and used everyone of them, thats the reason I'm back home at 5pm.....My poor fingers feel like sandpaper where I've "lipped" soo many....LOL

I do have a question for anyone that can answer......over the past 2 days I've cleaned 60 crappies and my hands "SMELL like fish"...does anyone know of any sure fire remedy to take it off? I know it's a "good" problem...but sure hate to go to work tomorrow smelling like fish....LOL...

I think the next 2 weeks will be spectacular here on the Big South Fork....and I know that Cumberland is the same if not better!!! If anyone needs directions, just shoot me a reply or send me an email to : [email protected]

IF YOU GUYS WANNA CATCH SOME GREAT CRAPPIE, I WOULD RECOMMEND HEADING THIS WAY!!!

crappie-dude

Post Thanks / Like

I have started cleaning my crappie with rubber gloves on....That cures the problem.... I am glad to hear that you are doing so well.... where is the Big South Fork located that you are talking about????

Dipstick Guest

Default Crest Toothpaste works great

Just squirt out about an inch or so of Crest toothpaste onto your hands and rub it in. Rinse off and that should solve the odor problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for helping with the "smelly hands issue"

I'll try the toothpaste remedy...hope it works.

Ky-slabseeker the Big South Fork is a major tributary of Lake Cumberland. Located in McCreary County here in KY. Whitley City is the county seat. We;re due south of Somerset about 35 miles. Big South Fork River heads up in Tenn and flows north into KY. The lake, Cumberland backs up into the river here. If you want to come try it out, let me know exactly where you're coming from and I can give expicit details on getting here. I live 4 miles from the boat ramp. The other major tributary to Lake Cumberland is the North Fork of the Cumberland River, it also is located here in McCreary County and is influenced by the lake as well. It heads up in Harlan County in KY. Mostly locals fish here and very hesitant about sharing their fishing spots, but heck, we can't catch em all and it sounds like not many are doing very well elsewhere, so I just wanted to let other crappie fishemen (unisex) know about the fantastic fishing here.

I didn't mention it in my earlier post today, but I also caught several bass and a walleye, 5 stripers (small ones 10 inches or so) and 30-40 blue gill, all while I was crappie fishing. Thru all that "trash" back!!! LMAO

Thanks Guys!!!

crappie-dude

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, it seems like I catch other species more when I am crappie fishing. That's just.... crappie. :D

If you promise to leave some of those fish for me, I might just come join your in your crappie crusade sometime.
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thanks for the info Crappie dude! I plan on coming down Thursday. If you see a red and charcoal metalflake colored BassSkier behind a dark green GMC then that'll be me going after em' !!

Post Thanks / Like

Question CrappieDude question?

CrappieDude,
    Any specifics on exactly where you caught the fish, general area? The South Fork is pretty big. You mentioned headwaters area. Is there a boat ramp in this area of the lake? How deep are the crappie? Did you catch on float and minnows or jig/minnows? My dad, 78 years old wants to go to Cumberland Crappie fishing, this information would be for him and my aunt who is 64.
    Thanks,
    Bassky