Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Head first into truman

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Head first into truman

Went night fishing at truman sunday night, only me and one other boat in the area.
    I caught my limit and a whole lot of dinks, got ready to go and started to take
    apart my pvc light stand which i can barely reach. Lost my balance and into the
    lake i went. I had just taken a leak on that side of the boat and i had my mouth
    open when i hit the water, swallowed a lot of water and whatever. They say body fat
    floats so i came to the top with no chance of drowning, i calmed down a bit and figured
    out i couldnt get back in the boat, the two guys came over, one got into my boat and
    pulled me up into my boat. I thanked them a lot and finally went ahead and left, but i
    didnt get their names and addresses. I sure would like to know who they were, i can see some
    bp outlet merchandise in their future if i can locate them. They had an aluminum boat and
    hung out three green lights partially submerged. I cut a foot off of the light stand
    and won''t go out by myself unless i have a ladder slung over the side of the boat so
    i can get in if it happens again. Fish were on a point, between eight and ten feet deep water
    was 35 feet deep,in creek channel no bites at all until 8:38, had my limit by 9:40, minnows, white light. I was lucky those guys were there. If you know who they are, please pm me.

Thanks
    john b.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a trip that u will remember.Glad u got your limit.Glad that those guys were there to help you.Never know what might happen.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thing those guys were there to help or it coulda gotten a bit paniky out there. Seeing as everything went good though...RoflRoflRofl

Congrats on the fish!Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

trips like that you hope only happens once in a lifetime.glad there was someone there to help you out.congrats on the fish.( my brother and I was fishing Oolagah lake in Ok. and got hung up on a well pipe that was cut off at the water level,I stepped out on another pipe and was trying to shake the boat loose when dear brother gun the boat and knocked me off my stand,I jump for the boat and was hanging on the side for dear life,30 seconds or so,when I realized that the water was only 3 ft deep.after a few choice words to dear brother,he jumped in the other side and we got the boat loose.)

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a scary time for sure.I have been there acouple times myself. If your boat has power tilt and trim with a button on the side of the motor just straddle the motor with your feet on the cavatation plate and hit the button it will lift ya out then crawl in the back. I fell in one winter in 40 deg. water with alot of clothes on and could not lift myself out and thats how i got out.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I am glad that you were able to get some help. That could have been a rough night otherwise. Be more careful, no need for a lose if it can be avoided.

Post Thanks / Like

I put a mounted a small 3 step folding ladder on the transom of my boat for the grand kids. I guess that it could come in handy in a situation like that. I was worried that it might get in the way fishing, but so for it hasn't. Glad you had a good night other wise.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are OK, and sure glad you had some help. Sounds like a great trip minus the swim.

Post Thanks / Like

i too have a mounted 3 step on my boat, workes great... my wife jumped in to swim around when i had the ranger and a soft ladder, it just didn't work at all and she couldn't get back in the boat by herself.. glad it worked out and all is safe. i to fish alot by myself and hence the fixed ladder..

Post Thanks / Like

1st thing glad u are ok,,, good thing u were where there was another boat to help,,,, i always thought those ladders were for girlie ski type boats but as we get older our views seem to change,,, i think that as little as they cost they would be a must have....
    i say this from having lost a uncle and a nephew from falling out and with their oversize clothes could not get back in the boat,,,,,

again glad this was a good ending sir
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast