Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Would advertising be in order?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Would advertising be in order?

Hey guys. I had an idea the other day while dad and I were at the Cedar Creek baitshop before fishing. Would it be a horrible idea to advertise this message board in tackle shops and the like to get the membership up? I'm thinking of asking the tackle guy next time I go if he will let me put up a sign or something with the web address on it. I would love to hear from even MORE KY fishermen... the more the merrier, right? Is this completely out of the ballpark or could I be on to something?
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Advertise away Matt .....

just let them know what the rules of the forum are, too.

Here's a direct quote from Ed, himself:

"Crappie.com is my website - members only - not a public forum for anyone that wants to come in spouting their strong right or left wing political, sexual or religious views. It has nothing to do with censorship or freedom of speech so don’t try playing that card. These are my rules. I want, no, I insist on Crappie.com being a FAMILY orientated “Teach a Child to fish” web site that any age fisherperson can visit. There are other web sites for people that want to spout their particular political, religious or sexual views.

If anyone breaks these rules, they will be banned simply at my discretion.

So the point is, have fun, but keep it a family site.

Plain and simple: No personal attacks will be tolerated, and nothing that a child can not view will be tolerated."

You might also add ..... no vulgar language, either !! No cussing allowed ... period -- not even H*ll or D*mn will be tolerated.

You don't have to put all of this ... word for word ... in your ads -- but, do mention that we don't tolerate ANYONE breaking the rules. ...... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal. Everyone help me out on this so we can our state recognized on crappie.com! :D
    All in all you're just another fish on my wall.