Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jigging Rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jigging Rigs

I was just curious as to the preferred single line jigging rigs people like here. I use a 10 foot B & M Ultralight, 8# green Solar XT as a main line, and clear 4#, 6#, and 8# as a three foot leader. I use what I call a a double overhand loop knot and the jig balances there. I have to have a balanced jig. I use the simple and inexpensive Slater pole reel, the small plactic ones, and Slater's hair jigs. My set up is very light and very sensitive. I've tried a lot of rigs, believe me, experimented with all kinds of reels, line, and poles, but this outfit works best for me. I usually keep three in the boat, each with a different colored jig.

What do the rest of you use? B&M seems to be the most popular jig pole. Didn't someone come out with camo or special crappie line?

Thanks!

Don

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 5 foot Pro Advantage graphite RX-15-ULS Ultralite Action Lure Wt. 1/32-1/8 OZ. Line Wt. 4-8 LB. rod paired with a Diawa UL7 Ultralight spinning reel loaded with Berkley 6lb. test mono. I like this outfit and have used it for many years now. Sometimes I like to use a longer rod and have a Browning graphite 7.5 foot fly rod paired with a Diawa A80 spincast reel also loaded with Berkley 6lb. test (great sensitivity).
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"