Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alumacraft Maverick anyone?? Considering it along with Bass Tracker & Lowe Stinger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alumacraft Maverick anyone?? Considering it along with Bass Tracker & Lowe Stinger

Curious what your thoughts are on the older Maverick line... late 90's to early 2000's? I've been hunting for a Bass Tracker 17 footer or so and ran accross a Alumacraft MV 17' w/40hp Merc (late 90's). Thanks all!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 175 bass tracker and love it.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 04 tracker pt175 with a 60. Good boat imo, easy to launch and load solo. Tracker has a new multi-species out, same as the PT but the front floor is lower, believe its called the TF.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Looking at a few...
    1) 99' Alumacraft Maverick w/2 stroke 40hp Merc... says $4250 is low dollar... would consider it around $3700ish?? newer $500 finder and newer troller
    2) 01' Tracker 175 Crappie w/2 stroke 40hp Merc $4000-$4500ish??
    3) 04 Crestline cx1754 w/ 4 stroke 60hp Merc... wants $6500 firm... probably more than I'm going to spend but appears to be a nice rig

4) I have a wanted ad locally and got a call today with an 89' Lund Pike 16 V... I really wanted a profile boat like the above but the guy is offering me a decent deal on the thing. It has a 08' 2 stroke Merc 50hp barely used... boat has probably a 5-10 yr MinnKota, cheap finder, but overall in decent shape. He physically can't fish any more and I know I could buy the thing for $3,000 and possibly slightly less. MY thoughts with this boat is that I can always pull the motor for the money and sell the boat cheap and probably come out ok with a like new motor for whatever boat I end up with...

I'm not going to actually fish a ton but hopefully will get back into it more (used to fish 3-5 days a week)... I bass & pike fish mostly but plan to crappie fish more as my kids are getting older. I would add a front & rear decks to fish from in this boat... hmmm... thoughts??? Thanks guys!!

btw... I'm fishing smaller lakes... might do a little river fishing... concerned a little with the V in the shallower waters...
    Last edited by Shawk; 08-16-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a '02 tracker pt175 w/ 40 hp on it and like the boat a lot, but IMO 40 hp is a bit small for the boat.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 1988 maverick its still a purdy good boat 83 murcury 50hp not the fastest thing on the water but neather am I an I"ve used it like a barge at times so IMO good boat..

Post Thanks / Like

got a 06 stinger 175. lots of room for two and very stable, very east for two to fish from front. whatever you get i suggest you get the max H.P. for that particular boat. mine is rated at 75 hp and i got a 50 on it. could use a little more speed but it gets the job done and pretty easy on petro.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2002 alumacraft 15 ft 2002 mv super hawk with a 20hp yamaha., It does all I ask now , but in the near future I probably upgrade the motor to a 40hp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! The one thing I've noticed is alot of boat makers put little engines on their boats. I learned a long time ago (about 17 yrs ago) not to get to small of motor. Bought a IO with a "big" 4 cyl... that was the LAST little engine I bought... I started looking at V bottoms a bit now too on line. Looked at a older Lund locally yesterday with an 08' Merc 2 stroke that I'm now thinking about.

Post Thanks / Like

my pt175 is rated for 75hp, but 60 was all they had at the time, but it runs good (low to mid 30's) and easy on gas as well.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast