Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Does anyone use braid line to pull cranks?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone use braid line to pull cranks?

Just wondering what most people use to pull carank baits with.
    Would like here what you use.
    Carter

“Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face."
    Ronald Reagan

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 10 pound Mr Crappie hi-vis line on all my trolling reels. I figure if I get hung up, it's better to break off and lose one bait than it is to tangle up all 8-10 baits trying to retrieve one. When trolling Bandits, I purposely avoid the brushpiles and stumps that I spider-rigging in. I work deeper cuts and contour breaks with the Bandits.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 10-2 braid. I use the Tuf Line because it cost less, but have used the 10-4 Fire Line Crystal also. I use a leader with it. I have used it without a leader with the same catch results. I can't see that you lose any fish with it either. I don't lose any more than I did with mono. People say it pulls out because it doesn't stretch, but I haven't seen that. In the long run, it cost less because you don't have to change it out year after year. I have a friend that uses 30-8 because he fishes timber with his cranks, and he saves more cranks with the heavier line because he can pull em out of the wood with it. He also fishes a CLEAR water lake, and it doesn't affect his.catch rate. He doesn't use a leader, and he likes the Power Pro Hi Vis.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used 10lbs braid with a 6lbs mono liter, but that is with open water areas with little structure in the way. The mono allows for just enough give to not pull the hook out of the mouths that can happen sometimes with braid.

Post Thanks / Like

Use 15-4 Power Pro yellow so I don't loose as many bandits.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

mono for me....I like it stretch some....prob cant go wronge either way, but I use 10lb mono....when I use braid (for other methods) its always power pro

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

i use 30 lb powerpro,u can save cranks when u get hung up and the braid lasts for years

Post Thanks / Like

The heavier the line the less action you get. Thats the reason I use a mono liter. Use a light liter and you get tons more action on the bait.

Post Thanks / Like

10lb visicous hi viz yellow, really like the line and it's fairly cheap. Just got a 1250yd spool of 6 & 10 each at $8/ea + sh
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.