Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saturday the 14th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday the 14th

SUNDAY THE 14TH INSTEAD!!

Ran into Brobrash (Curt) on the water yesterday. He asked me to join him this morning for a morning of Hawg Hunting, Grand River style. Bumped into Stumphumper (Jeff) at the marina but he was much too busy to spend a minute with an underling like myself, being the celebrity status he has lately achieved. Seems he and Scott (that's what Jeff calls him), of G3 Sportsman fame, were heading out to shoot a program about Dog Days of Summer crappie on Truman Lake. I tried my best to get over and meet Mr. Turnage but Jeff kept pushing me back so I finally gave up my own hopes of appearing on the show.

Anyways, back to my post about fishing since this is the fishing board. Curt and I motored UP river from the marina and fished a spot where Curt has been catching some good quality fish. WE SMACKED EM! BIGGUNS TOO! I bet we caught 40 fish over a pound today with the largest going at least 15 inches! Twas a great morning on the water with a good friend. Thanks for the invite, Curt. I owe you one.

Sorry, no pics. Left camera in my boat at home.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Scott should have been following you two around. Congrats on a good day of catching hogs.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You should have told Scott you were crappie fishing. He must of thought you were Hawg Hunting or I am sure he would have put your pretty face on film. Or maybe he has heard about your topless fishing faze you went through and decided it was not appropriate for TV. Congrats on a great day of fishing with a great guy.

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking I need to pay better attention to whats going on around me I think I know where you were for the first time in my life. I was up with you guys today and did know who I was looking at. But I did bring a few.Name:  Jims 230.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  77.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job bob/kirk...hope to see you all soon...

Post Thanks / Like

That kind of stuff happens when you have to resort to buying minnows at the dock. What happened to your famous plastic baits?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazualobzerver View Post
    That kind of stuff happens when you have to resort to buying minnows at the dock. What happened to your famous plastic baits?
    I always wear a disguise when buying minnows, Steve. My "famous" plastics are curing and waiting to be unleashed on the unsuspecting crappie world. Here's what happened, Steve. I took my grandson fishing and he likes to fish minnows so I bought 2 dozen for him to fish with. So we head down river to a spot I like to fish, we pull up to the first hedge, we drop our baits down, and BAM! He pulls up a 12 incher. I get the fish off for him, rebait him, he drops back down, and BAM!
    Another one about the same size as the first one. He proceeded to catch em at about a 3 to 1 clip over me. Well, I don't like fishing with em, but I'm no fool either. I'll give em what they are wanting if it will get me off the water quicker and if they will help those fishing with me have a better time on the water. The plastics bite will be picking up for me very shortly.

Good job on those fish, Jim. Those are some gooduns. Wish we could have met. Be sure to say hello next time.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job!
    Give someone a fish and you feed them for a day; teach someone to fish and you feed them for life.
    Matthew 5:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bwillaub View Post
    Well, I don't like fishing with em, but I'm no fool either. I'll give em what they are wanting if it will get me off the water quicker and if they will help those fishing with me have a better time on the water.

Well call me the fool, I'm looking for an excuse to spend more time on the water not less. Thought the plastic bite was pretty darn good for August but some of you guys know so much more than I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazualobzerver View Post
    Well call me the fool, I'm looking for an excuse to spend more time on the water not less. Thought the plastic bite was pretty darn good for August but some of you guys know so much more than I do.
    Was in no way calling you a fool. Sure hope I didn't come off that way. As far as the plastic bite goes, I haven't fished em much lately. Did finish off our limits with em last week when we ran out of minnows. Bite seemed good. Have had kids in the boat a lot lately and they seem to do better with minnows.
    Good fishing to ya.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast