Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: where are they?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default where are they?!

hi im new to this forum but and new to crappie fishing.ive only caught 3 by mistake and ive tried many other times to target them. i live in herkimer NY and was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out where i can get a few of these nearby. i appreciate any guidance. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I dont get out that way much, try black lake,muskelonge,delta lake, they should be in the mohawk river in the trees or below the locks.

Post Thanks / Like

They're around, the best thing I've found to see if a lake has crappies is the NY, DEC site. Just put in the lake in search. Contour Map, shows the lake, depth, and on the bottom it shows the kind of fish in the lake.
    We've not been doing good but we started hitting docks and doing alot better.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some small lakes/reservoirs in Madison county, south of the Thruway that are a short drive away - might be worth trying out. Lake Moraine comes to mind.
    It's a little bit of a drive, but not as bad as heading all the way out this way. Not sure about some of the lakes as you head up Rte 12 towards Old Forge, but I'd imagine some of them may have crappie too.