Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recommendations?

I want to try and start night fishing at some local lakes around the Omaha metro area. Now i can think of one lake that doesn't have a curfew, but unfortunately they are closed due to flooding. Most SRA are closed around 10pm, i don't know how much they enforce that curfew. City ponds and lakes just seem plain dangerous. With city violence and poorly lit areas around those ponds and lakes, i just don't feel safe. So with that being said, what local areas in Eastern Nebraska would you anglers recommend for night fishing this summer?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do much fishing around Omaha, but there is a website called Take Me Fishing (which isn't nearly as cool as this place) that you can do a look up for fishing spots in your area. It looks like it could use some input from locals, so maybe don't take everything they report for granted. I know the couple of lakes I looked up had inadequate information. BUT it is a good start, and you will recognize more stuff around Omaha than I did!
    I would suggest some places to you, but I doubt you want to drive for an hour or two to go fishing at some little pond down here in the stix! Do you ever try fishing the Missouri River? Not exactly a crappie hotspot, but you never know what you'll catch in there - especially after all that water this summer!
    Good luck to ya! I know this is coming a little late for what you were looking for, but maybe you can be all prepared when spring rolls around!
    Good things come to those who bait.