Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: inconsiderate fishermen on a boat...

Post Thanks / Like

Default inconsiderate fishermen on a boat...

So today, i decided to get rid of the last box of worms i had. Started at 6am, despite a line of storms just off to the west, i was getting a few bites for bluegills and a couple of smallmouths. It was quite an awesome experience, sun to the east, lightning to the west, and rain pouring on my head.

After it really started coming down and the bited tailed off, i packed it in and went back home for some sleep. I woke up again and found the sun to out so i headed back out to Walnut Creek and found a new spot, i guess some kind of an island that is accessible from a bridge, it overlooks another island that is inaccessible. So i started casting over there since there seemed to be some shade, figured i could make a long enough cast to draw out any large fish that were in the area. Thats when i saw a boat coming around the bank they stopped when they saw me casting to the spot, they stayed there for a good 5 - 10 minutes, then i turned around to check on another rod since i could no longer see the bobber, reeled in the bluegill and let it lose, turned back around to continue using my jig and they had pulled in right in front of me casting towards the bank that i was sitting on. I'm sitting there looking at them, wondering what the heck were they doing casting their line practically right at me. They stayed there for 20 min or so before finally moving so i could go back to casting across the channel. I didn't catch anything along the channel. It was kind of hard to distinguish between potential hits on the football head jig with a trailer and hitting rocks along the bottom.

Here is the rig i used this morning and afternoon after the cold front passed through the area.

Last edited by ChrisCarter; 08-12-2011 at 11:28 PM.