Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bluegill, bluegill, and more bluegill

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bluegill, bluegill, and more bluegill

Decided to take a lengthy drive to Czechland Lake out in Saunders County and fish from the docks today. After 4 hours of fishing at 3 different spots, i pulled about 25 fish, a mix bag mostly of bluegill, perch, and some what looked like baby walleye or smallmouth bass. It was only 2" in size. The largest fish i caught out of there was a 5" bluegill, definitely thought it was something more given the fight he put up.

Started driving back to Bellevue, when an accident closed down HWY 370, so i stopped over at Walnut Creek and finish off the remaining worms i had, caught another 10 bluegill as the sun started to set around 8pm. I could see larger fish making their way closer to the banks but it seemed the later the evening went, the smaller my catch began to get. Finally i called it quits at 9pm, as the bugs were getting on my nerves.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you caught a bunch. Maybe your next trip will all be big 'uns.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hit up Louisville and Pawnee Lake today.

and this was the only thing i caught. Got to be the smallest bass i have ever caught, haha.

Joking aside, i probably caught a good 10 bluegills early this morning at Louisville lake 2. i don't know what they are pumping into that lake, but i don't think i want to know.

I started driving towards pawnee lake before a really bad headache hit me halfway there, so i turned around and headed home to try and get rid of it. Pawnee lake will have to wait another day.
    Last edited by ChrisCarter; 08-12-2011 at 12:07 AM.