Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barkley report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barkley report

Barkley----Crappie moving into the shallows. I caught a few yesterday fishing the condos I put out last winter in front of my dock. They are only in about 4 feet of water now.

The fish were full of eggs and I believe they had lovemaking on their minds. Some of you may recognize that "faraway" look in the eyes of the boys and that "dont bother me now--I have a headache" look in the eyes of the girls.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Driller, how was the bite last week on Little River? I fished Eddy two different times last week and it was about as bad as I have ever seen it. 4 one day and 5 the next time. I know several other guys that had the same luck so I know it was not just me. I am hoping that this week will be much better.

THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you Bandit caught 5 today fish deep-shallow couldnt get on them, but a friend of mine went today and done real well catching them on the banks.

Post Thanks / Like

Wind and rain yesterday. I did manage to slip away from the "war dept" for a couple of hours and only caught 3 keepers. The neighbors that fished my dock did way better than I did(15) and burned no gas.

Post Thanks / Like

So much for the early spawn! I can really lose contact with the fish this time of the year.
    THE BANDIT

Post Thanks / Like

Well i finally got on a few fish yesterday in Eddy Creek. They were full of eggs. Most were in 8-10 ft water on brush. About the time i started catching them good, the wind got so rough i couldnt keep my position. Hopefully next weekend will be a little calmer. Shouldnt the lake be about 5 ft higher for this time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

They are supposed to bring the lakes up to around 357 within the next 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Slapper, That is good news. I swear this last couple of weeks has been tough. Some of the best fishermen I know have had problems catching fish anywhere on Barkley. I have put in several buckets of brush and pipe in Eddy. Maybe I will try to find them Wed. if the weather holds. Thanks for your report. THE BANDIT :D

Post Thanks / Like

Was on the lake this morning by 5:45. In three hours on fishing, I caught 19. All were in 12-15 feet of water on breaklines with brush. Would have loved to stay but things are not always as I want them.

Post Thanks / Like

26 slabs yesterday fishing Little River. Very few "short" fish. The blacks have made their move to the banks and we have rising water.

Blacks are in 3-4 feet of water around cover. Whites are a little deeper and I caught a few really nice ones still out on the ledges.

Jigs did not do all that well---minnows are the hot item right now.

This may be the best year we have had for a long time---get out there and fill your freezers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast